So who made your xlaces?

GOT2B GM

Turns out there are 2 different manufacturers of the 16 x 8 xlaces

On the inside of the wheel on the hub, they are marked either Alcoa or Enkei.

Alcoa made them first, Enkei's are the later ones.

I know my 90 TGP has Alcoa's and Jamie's 95 GTP has Enkei's.

The easiest way to differentiate is that the Enkei's have the Enkei logo on the edge of the lace, right beside the lip, whereas the Alcoa's have nothing.

Logo_Enkei.jpg

Post the year of your vehicle and whether it has Alcoa's or Enkei's.

Where are you looking to find out who made them?

The easiest way to differentiate is that the Enkei's have the Enkei logo on the edge of the lace, right beside the lip, whereas the Alcoa's have nothing.

Logo_Enkei.jpg

whereas the Alcoa's have nothing.

All of mine are Alcoa's, but they do have a small stamp at the end of the lace. I can't quite tell for 100% sure, but the stamp looks like "JWL" with the letters combined together. Some of them are stamped very faintly, while others are stamped a bit clearer.

I've seen other Alcoa xlaces with a different letter stamp before. I belive it was "JH" or at least looked like "JH." The color of them was considerably darker than stock bright gold looking TGP xlaces. They had almost a gold + bronze mixed look to them. I'm not sure if these were on TGP's originally or put on later cars. The car I saw them on was a 1990 Grand Prix. It had two darker xlaces + two lighter JWL marked ones. I remember Chris A. or someone else mentioning that they had seen two different color xlaces on the turbo cars years ago...

Found this while searching online:

"JWL" (Japan Light Wheel Alloy) is a compilation of standards defined by the Japanese Government to ensure the vehicle's safety for aluminum road wheels. Every wheel put to market must be tested to meet JWL standards before a wheel can be put out to market in Japan.

These standards are generally accepted worldwide as acceptable for most road conditions. That is why you will see these marks on European and other Asian country wheels.

Interestingly enough mine got lighter when they were powder coated, lol, only by .2lb but they are completely covered in powder coat now...

Jamie

Yeah well....Im not buying an expensive scale. Its just a comparitive. To be taken with a grain of salt.

Love the stance on that civic hate the wheels.

Mine are Enkei's.

Enkei made the Olds version

Olds version? :thinking:

these

837a.jpg