Gentex 261 w/maplights,compass and onstar

jrcuttymann

Does anyone know the wiring pinout for the gls mirror w/maplights, I bought one off ebay it has a 16 pin connector......PLEASE HELP... Thank you This is what I know

1-not used

2 - Microphone (if the mirror is equipped with it)

3 - "Passenger Air Bag on" notification (if mirror is equipped with that display)

4. - "Passenger Air Bag off" notification (if mirror is equipped with that display)

5 - auto day/night signal, which comes from the LH outside rearview mirror

6 - Temp probe connection ( if mirror is equipped with display)

7 - Temp probe connection (if mirror is equipped with display)

8 - Ground

9 - Reverse Dim Inhibit signal so the mirror will not dim when the vehicle is in reverse, another says it's a supply voltage from a back-up supply (if 12v is applied to this pin, the mirror will not dim )

10 - Microphone (if mirror is equipped)

11- keypad signal (out) for On-star (pressing any button puts out a 5v multiplexed signal on this pin, -

12 - keypad supply (5v) voltage (in) for the buttons

13 - ignition voltage (12v -main power IN to the mirror)

14 - keypad green LED signal

15 - keypad red LED signal

16 - auto day/night signal return line to the RH outside mirror for day/night signal

What I want to know is if there is a connection for maplights without ignition turned on?

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been two weeks and no responses... Here I thought somebody could help me ...but I guessed wrong. I will try elsewhere for answers.

Yes they did it was removed from a 2001 Intrigue GLS, so Iv'e been told

no way. this sounds like a much later gm mirror used on a late model something or another.

How about a pic of it?

• 3 months later...

Well I finally found the wiring pinout for a gentex 261 mirror with onstar and maplights with compass and here it is

Connector Part Information

16-Way Metri-Pack 150 Series BLK

Pin

Wire Color

Function

1Gray Interior lamp control

2 Bare Drain wire

3-5 not used

6 orange or (blue w/white depending on your harness) Courtesy Lamps Supply Voltage

7 Not Used

8 BLK Ground

9 LT GRN Backup Lamp Supply Voltage

10 GRY Cellular Telephone Microphone Signal

11DK GRN/WHT Keypad Signal

12 LT GRN/BLK Keypad Supply Voltage

13 BRN Ignition Voltage

14 YEL/BLK Keypad Green LED Signal

15 BRN/WHT Keypad Red LED Signal

16 Not Used

Well I hope this is useful to someone else THNX

• 3 years later...

Reviving an old thread...

I need a ground/ignition/constant power leads if I can get out of this harness...

#8=my ground

#13=ignition voltage

anybody know if I can pull my constant power lead off this harness too?

trying to power an onstar fmv mirror..replacing an old gen-1 onstar mirror w/autodim...same 16-pin connector..

I think you PMed me on the Bonneville club about this (got an e-mail notification stating the same question). Are you asking if you can reuse the voltage and ground wires? If so, yes, you should be able to. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Out of curiosity, how come you're switching to an FMV mirror? Are you planning on buying an OnStar subscription?

As to the mirror in question by the OP, yes, it came out of a GLS. I just discovered these mirrors existed for myself last summer. Came across a GLS in the yard, hoping it still had the mirror in it. Got excited when I saw it did, but then quickly disappointed when I realized it was an OnStar one. Don't know what prompted me to sit in the car and look at it anyway. You can imagine how blown away I was when I saw it had the same LED map lights as the optional non-OnStar version of this mirror!

If you have map lights and auto-dim only, they're most likely Donnellys, which are legendary for breaking/leaking fluid out. I always recommend people switch to Gentex when that inevitably happens, even if it means giving up the map lights.

James, I don't know about a version with map lights, but I think we should definitely at least get some compass/auto-dim mirrors in them. I know a guy. :D

No sir, these are Gentexes. GNTX-221.

Some Chrysler products got Compass/temp dual display, map lights AND Homelink.

I also have a few auto-dims with compass and temp. :D But I put them on ebay.

D'oh! You're right, keep forgetting about the random mirror offerings in the Chryslers and Lincolns. Didn't know they had a version with the compass/temp, Homelink AND map lights, though. :eek: Ironically, I found a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with LED map lights (identical to the Intrigue GLS ones, but without the compass or temp) in a first gen Chrysler Sebring convertible in the yard yesterday. Also saw one of the old school Donnelly auto-dim/compass/temp mirrors (with the display in the base of/under the mirror) in a Subaru Outback, but as usual, it was broken/leaking.

Oh, I knew such a mirror existed (that's my dream combo), but I didn't know Chrysler products got them. Though now that you mention it, I do remember reading a few threads on various car forums about people trying to install that mirror where they mentioned they got them from a Dodge Stratus.