1994 Vert 5 spd swap started

thunderbirdrob

Yes, but when I make this change ..

it's bizzard because when I did my swap, I have completely forgotten this thing, but after all is finished, I never had this problem, in fact I no longer of rev limiter a 3-4000RPM ... why ... ?! I don't know ...

very interesting.

I think I read in the past that if the car was fooled into thinking it was in neutral, and was also receiving a VSS signal, the rev limiter would not operate. IIRC, This was posted by the guy with the turbo 3800 5 speed red (96?) CS coupe with alot of customization... but his name escapes me.

re: pedal bracket adaptations... 2 ways:

- add a clutch bracket somehow

Yann had to fabricate a bracket for his clutch pedal in his GTP on the 94+ gp steering column brace/support.

- you could use an earlier bracket/brace and drill and tap it for the new column

stockGP installed a 94+ interior in a 90ish GP. he tapped an drilled new holes for the 94+ column, in order the keep the 88-93 style brace/support so he could 5 speed swap in the future (which never happened cause the car died later)

Yes I have made a braket on my 94-96 brace/support because you need modified your 94-96 dash to put the 91-93 brace/support on your 94-96 dash ...

more simply to make a new braket for clutch pedal on 94-96 brace/support,

I have pics somehere ....