Whats the worst thing you've done to your W-body?

IRONDOG442

Letting anyone but me drive her has always been my biggest mistake too. Any time someone other than me drives her, something gets broken. Something stupid or something major, or something insignificant. Just something, every time.

As far as stupidest mods I've ever done... I'm thinking spray-painting my wipers red was the biggest one. It looked good when I had the gigantic red hatchetmen on the sides, and red floor mats... but that was years ago, and I've definitely outgrown -that- phase. (That doesn't mean, however, that I don't still want to dye my hair purple.)

Also, the green neon tube I had under my dash was pretty r-tarded. It didn't match anything in the car, so I'm not sure why I put it in there... except that I wanted underbody lights and that neon was the closest I could come. No, I dont think I want underbodys anymore... not that I could mount them without them being illegal or anything, but yeah.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• mra32

• Night Fury

• AL

Letting anyone but me drive her has always been my biggest mistake too. Any time someone other than me drives her, something gets broken. Something stupid or something major, or something insignificant. Just something, every time.

As far as stupidest mods I've ever done... I'm thinking spray-painting my wipers red was the biggest one. It looked good when I had the gigantic red hatchetmen on the sides, and red floor mats... but that was years ago, and I've definitely outgrown -that- phase. (That doesn't mean, however, that I don't still want to dye my hair purple.)

Also, the green neon tube I had under my dash was pretty r-tarded. It didn't match anything in the car, so I'm not sure why I put it in there... except that I wanted underbody lights and that neon was the closest I could come. No, I dont think I want underbodys anymore... not that I could mount them without them being illegal or anything, but yeah.

I still want them. They are sooooo cool.

I still want them. They are sooooo cool.

Was that seriousness or sarcasm? They were kind of a fad, like systems it seems. I seem to run into a whole lot less cars now-a-days with full stereos than I did say, five years ago... and the underbody fad was probably a decade ago. Hell, my uncle's got blue neon underbodys on his 92 GMC Shortbed. Truck is sessy, btw!

I saw a white gmc sonoma with green underbodys maybe a week ago and it got me thinking about them again. I love the look, but they are definitely something you do if you really want to turn heads. Since my car is black... She turns plenty of heads with polished up Xlace lips and a good coat of wax. I'm not kidding. I buff/wax the car, take it out for a drive, and I know its not just me. Even with my stereo off heads are turning. You should see the mouths drop open when a chick steps out, even moreso when they want to know what shop I took it to, cuz it looks so badass. That's another matter, but yeah. G'on, brush ya shoulders off.

im not sure. I like them, but its one of those things that I fear I couldn't pull off. But shit I feel like I pull of my ridiculous car. Well if you knew me in person, the car definitely fits me. And not to say I'm as retarded as my car. Just that someone ridiculous like me needs a strange and funny car. I feel like i've pulled that off well.

im not sure. I like them, but its one of those things that I fear I couldn't pull off. But shit I feel like I pull of my ridiculous car. Well if you knew me in person, the car definitely fits me. And not to say I'm as retarded as my car. Just that someone ridiculous like me needs a strange and funny car. I feel like i've pulled that off well.

Sounds like you copied the story out of my book.

Everyone I know says that my car SUITS me, she's unique like me and flashy like me, and turns heads just being herself. I know my car really isn't all -that- unique, HOWEVER, around here... there is maybe a handful of the B4U GPs around... and most of them are crunched, missing ground effects, or just sitting and rotting away. I have one of the nicest in town.

On that note, I think we only have two TGPs here. I've seen two, in all the years I've lived here, and two Petty editions.

96 Lumina = put this incredibly stupid "chrome" tip over the exhaust tip that i bought for $1.50 (i think that its still on there to this day cause i couldnt get it off lol Dave , 3.1Lumina can tell ya lol)

03 GP GT = Letting a girl i knew drive it who was wet for the car lol....i was drunk so i let her drive and she hit a curb w/ my rear pass wheel...and put a tiny scratch on it that was barely noticable but still pissed me off.

93 GP SE = I cant recall any stupid things i did to that car... i left it alone

95 Z-34 = Painting the rims Black

00 GTP = probably the reflective "Grand Prix GTP" decals i put on the rockers..... im beginning to not like them as much

88GP (my "first" car) = basically everything I did to it! :lol:

-painting the whole car black with cans of Tremclad (the factory grey paint was peeling though, so I guess it didn't really matter either way)

- leaving only the "spoiler" part of the "luggage rack" on the truck. It was all wobbley :lol:

-painted the spoiler and the GFX bright red (although I think it was kinda cool)

-put black vinyl over the cracked dash

-painted various parts of the interior bright red

-bright red and black matching seat covers and floor mats

I miss the heck out of that car :lol:

95 GP SE = Everything was "tastefully" done. Put dark brown vinyl over the arm rest (looked good with the tan interior), painted the xlace black (=teh sex)

Impala= painted the calipers black (ftw) otherwise still 100% stock. :)

Putting all the money into it that I have, when I could have drove it and let it rot and have a real nice car sitting in the garage instead of a POS with so many problems...

I think this can be said about any of our cars, haha.

Let two different shops do halfassed exhaust replacements on my car bc I was in a hurry. And not bringing it back to have it done right each time. Guess what, the welds broke again the other day

• 2 years later...

Blowing up the 3.4 DOHC in my 1995 cutlass convertible. Then spending 2500 bucks on a stock overhaul, and that was just in parts. I did the rebuild on my own and took the engine in and out of my car. Ya, it would have to be the hard way where you have to drop the engine out of the bottom.

One funny part is, i wanted to get new rings for the pistons, i received them, but the rings were too big to fit in the groves....yes....the rings were too thick. So i called 3 GM warehouses and gave each of them the part number off of the piston and the spacing in the ring groves. They claimed that they never made that piston nor have they ever put it in their engines. So i ended up buying all new pistons for it. And i got the last 6 stock pistons for a 3.4 in the united states, or at least thats what the head GM warehouse guy said.

-Cut holes in package tray for 6x9 boxes instead of buying plastic shrouds from junkyard (since fixed)

-Breaking bottom of dash to fit Lumina console (it looks cool from afar but up close looks hella ghetto)

-Retinting my sedan tails (Way too dark, then someone broke them at school)

-stock rear spring swap

-maybe the painted interior (i like it some days, but you know how hard white is to keep clean?)

-DIY WINDOW TINT!!!!!!!

There's more, but I can't think of them.

well, in the GP i broke a shitton of hard vacuum lines(shattering the one for the MAP sensor), so i cut channels in the little "vacuum distributor" box that goes on top of the throttle body, stuffed JB weld in the port for the CCP solenoid that is only exposed to vacuum when there is at least ~5% throttle, then JB weld to all of the ends of the vacuum lines i killed.

works, possibly even better than factory. :lol:

holy old thread but not a bad one to revive so we can see what he newer people have to sat lol

X2, I think this is the first revived thread that I haven't :roll: at.

Probably the worst things I've done to my cars have all been because I was in a hurry, or had no clue what I was doing. And selling my first car, a 90 GP LE.