oil specials?

J

Anyone have any info on sales at the autp aprts stores? I have amsoil in my truck and in the 5.3 i'm not a huge fan of it. I'd rather have Royal Purple or Mobil 1, i know sometimes autozone, pep boys, advanced has some sort of sale on 5 qts and a filter for $XX.xx, if you know of any sales please let me know, i have to change the oil this weekend.

I bet you will think I am nuts but, wal-marts "Supertech Synthetic" is a fine oil. It meets most of the same API standards Mobil1 does and has some that Mobil1 does not have. I run it in my Bonneville and the car seems to love the stuff. From what I am told it is Penzoil Platinum in a different bottle. And for less then $20 for 5qts it can't be beat.

I bet you will think I am nuts but, wal-marts "Supertech Synthetic" is a fine oil. It meets most of the same API standards Mobil1 does and has some that Mobil1 does not have. I run it in my Bonneville and the car seems to love the stuff. From what I am told it is Penzoil Platinum in a different bottle. And for less then $20 for 5qts it can't be beat.

x2 i used to use castrol, but the supertech is good, and I used that exclusively now.

why dont you just run conventional engine oil because its cheaper ? i mean its done the job for over 100 years. so it obviously gets the job done right :lol:

I'll third the Wal-Mart advice. With oil leaking out of my engine, I bought a big jug of their conventional 5w-30 and it was cheaper than anything.

Advance Auto Parts store brand oil is made by Texaco. That's not a bad deal, either.

Nah, they laid off my mom because she was a woman pretty much. I've read some of the shit that her boss said to her and women in general, and that is enough for me to never buy a texaco product ever again.