Popping noise in left front tire...

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Whenever I start to accelerate, or turn a corner there is a popping noise coming from the left front wheel well. Any ideas as to what this may be? Also I looked at all the wheels on my car and there are no grease fittings anyhwere!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whenever I start to accelerate, or turn a corner there is a popping noise coming from the left front wheel well. Any ideas as to what this may be? Also I looked at all the wheels on my car and there are no grease fittings anyhwere!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

lower balljoint. No grease fittings means OE parts.

Other more unlikely cause it a shot lower spring seat bearing.

Not always. I've seen replacements that do not have grease fittings either. If they are rivited in place, then they are factory, if they are bolted in place, then they have been replaced.

Not always. I've seen replacements that do not have grease fittings either. If they are rivited in place, then they are factory, if they are bolted in place, then they have been replaced.

Thats because they are from the same supplier that GM gets theirs from. Crappy OE design

I had this sound and while I agree with many of the other suggestions, some I don't you probably need a better description of the sound and when and how often while turning.

I had my anti-sway bar at the front of the car break loose.

Or one of the holders for it, this actually created a "pop" because of the lean associated with a turn, most of the other things that have been listed relate to grinding noises, etc.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

i'll check on it this next weekend after Christmas....right now it is waaaay tooo cold outside to do anything!!!! And if you're wondering I live in Trotwood Ohio, which is about 10 miles west northwest of Dayton.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

yeah, and i'd have to replace that for sure...lol, well my baby still has alot of miles left on her whether I keep her or not. Oh and I have a name for her to... "Cheyenne"

Oh and how do I check and see if the CV joint is bad?

Wouldn't the CV joint's make popping noises while you are accelerating or moving only? So is the popping while your at a stand still or only while you are moving? Obviously if it makes the noise while in park and you turn the wheel, have someone turn the wheel while you crawl underneath and listen.

My brother's Maxima has a VERY noticeable rapping sound when the wheel is turned and you accelerate. At one point, I floored the car on a turn and it felt like the front wheels lost connection with the whole drivetrain for a moment before catching again (was very jolting). I'm thinking CV joints are fucked.

• 6 months later...

Depending on where the noise is coming from it's either cradle mounts or ball joints is my guess.

Doesn't your car have really low miles, grandprixlover1?

yes it now has roughly 96,100 miles on it.