95 cutlass - decent deal?

patgizz

found this one the other day, got a reply from the seller. he said it was running rough so he parked it 2 years ago,  the hood has small blisters on the edge(whose doesnt up here?) and he said a small surface rust spot by the back wheel - if it's a blister or bubble i don't want to deal with it.  i'm a 3.4 fan,  you guys who have been around for a while know i've had a couple and am capable of making them run well and doing the maintenance.  the mixed 16mpg of the crown vic is killing me - it's a cool car but they get crap for mileage relative to a fullsize GM let alone a 30mpg highway w body.

so if the car is clean otherwise,  i was thinking of making a $350-400 offer.  thoughts?  i have a feeling the surface rust spot by the rear wheel is rust-out from the inside waiting to explode like my z34 did in which case i'm running the other way.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/957995212.html

going to look at it this evening if i get done with work early enough.

if it's good i think i'll go up to 400, 500 is pushing it for a car that may need an engine - or may just need a timing tensioner.

i'll report back.

Hell, my GF found that the other day. Her Mom is looking to get outta a car payment and into a used car. I would be the mechanic on it though which doesnt bother me.. $$$$

I sent the seller a email the other day, hopefully get a reply soon. She's willing to pay $500 for it and is definately interested since I can fix it..

go for it, i'm not willing to pay 500 bux for it so unless i beat you there and he took a lower offer i may as well not waste my time.

i might be getting hooked up with a completely rust free car for scrap price so i'm holding off.

go for it, i'm not willing to pay 500 bux for it so unless i beat you there and he took a lower offer i may as well not waste my time.

i might be getting hooked up with a completely rust free car for scrap price so i'm holding off.

Ok, I was kinda waiting on you to get back from looking at it with a bit more info. The seller still hasnt replied to my email, he must not be one of those guys that checks every day like me :lol:

I guess my GFs mom has the cash, but also it wanting to find a couple more cheap options..