Bolt Size Needed

ns87

On the hood latch bolted to the underside of the hood, what size are the two bolts holding it on? It is a metric size since none of my standard wrenches fit it :lol:

Hood cable snapped. I took off my grill and can only access these bolts. Can't see the latch from under the car

Thanks for the help

The latch is vertical, behind the centre post. I remember blindly fiddling with it while lying on the ground for ten minutes before i got it to pop, but at least i didn't have to take anything apart. Afterward i said "Screw it" and made a knot in a shoelace on one end (to slip in where the cable end goes), and loop on the other end. I hook the loop to the bottom on the middle support bracket when i don't need it, and it need just a quick tug to the right to open the hood. Even if you plan to replace the cable i recommend the shoelace to hold you over...

I'm not sure if divine intervention helped, but today the hood was open as if nothing happened.

I swear I heard the hood cable snap. I could pull the handle inside the car and nothing would move. Oh well. I'm going to regrease everything and be happy I guess :eek:

Thanks all. Great idea 4door Intl

My old Lumina's hood cable was broken when I bought it. The only way to open the hood was a wire that was rigged by the headlight.

The first thing I did was replace the cable with a brand new one.

It might be better to replace it before it really does fail. Just my 2 cents.