Top Speed Governors......

BIGBULS

Remind me to be as far away as possible when you take an '88 W-Body over 100 MPH.

I did that in my old 88 GP (which is now Buck's). Actually felt pretty smooth at that speed. I think I was doing between 100-110 for about 5 miles. That said, I never want to do that again in that undisclosed location...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BIGBULS

• Night Fury

• Addicted to eaton

• ismellrealbad

I've had to punch it to several response locations, the car had full strobes and I was authorized. I never got crazy in traffic, just got there quick. Obviously, I had to take the Emergency Vehicle Operations Course program. There's a lot of skill they teach us hands on with the local Law Enforcement Agencies. Used a 1988 Cutlass Supreme SX when I first got involved, then just transfered over to the 1994 CS as my POV.

I wouldn't try it unless I've had the training and know the local Officers.

post-5754-143689104612_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689104615_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689104618_thumb.jpg

Haha I remember those days of limitation lol fastest I've been able to visit was 140ish. Never have been able to see what its top speed is but they are pretty stable at high speed.

• 2 weeks later...
Wicked, did your ride come with that body kit? I like it! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! I bought it from Erebuni but its discontinued now!!!! I was gonna buy two, just for spare but I apparently bought the last full kit on the shelf! lol

Remind me to be as far away as possible when you take an '88 W-Body over 100 MPH.

I've had my 89 Cutty close to 120, didn't seem like a big deal. :shrug:

BUT, a 96 Pathfinder at about the same speed was serious business. It felt like it wanted to take flight so yeah I backed off pretty quick.