Oil Filters?

Masterchief362

Not sure if this has been discussed, seeing as I am pretty new to the forum...

Anyways, I am looking to change brands of oil filter on my 3100 this weekend when I do my oil change... I have used Fram since I got my license, however I am rather dissapointed in the quality and flow rate of oil lately from these filters... I had a Napa filter on once after my head gasket repair at the shop, and the engine tick on cold startup was very minimal and lasted only a minute on cold startup at 25-30 degrees... now that its getting cooler out like it was at that time, I noticed the normal 3100 tick lasting in excess of 3-4 min when cold started... any suggestions on a better brand of oil filter.

I was thinking AC Delco, is that any better?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Addicted To Boost

• Night Fury

• White93z34

I use whatever I can grip onto well enough. The oil filter on an L27 is a total bitch to get to. I've usually used the cheaper fram filters with the rough half of it so my hands don't slip, but past that I don't really think it will make a difference.

haha, fram war... thats funny... the only nice thing about it is the grip on the end for easier removal... but since a 3100's filter is easy to get to, no need to worry.

AC Delco it is... or spend the 14 bucks on a K&N oil filter :willynilly: no not on this car.

haha, fram war... thats funny... the only nice thing about it is the grip on the end for easier removal... but since a 3100's filter is easy to get to, no need to worry.

AC Delco it is... or spend the 14 bucks on a K&N oil filter :willynilly: no not on this car.

Ac Delco !!

I personally use the Fram High Mileage with TRT filter, and 10W40 Valvoline Maxlife. I use the exact same thing in my Jeep with the 4.0L I6. I have no ticking problems from either of them.

Purolator or ac delco.For once and only once will i agree with irondog442 on the lx-5 oil filter is a bitch.

the LX5 oil filter is a cake walk... People just need to learn to purchase the correct tools for the job.. Thats why I own about 20 oil filter cap wrenches and the like. About to be 21 actually, I need to hit up the Toyota dealer for the new one for 06-up Toyota V6s

K&N oil filters are junk!

ac delco anything is always a wise choice.

Except the Chinese stuff. They've started outsourcing their parts. :rolleyes:

ac delco anything is always a wise choice.

I used to use ACD filters until one of their e-core garbage filters almost took out the 305 in my camaro :motz2:

I've noticed them change back to the older good style, but that was enough for me to just goto puroilators or wix from now on.

Purolator or ac delco.For once and only once will i agree with irondog442 on the lx-5 oil filter is a bitch.

the LX5 oil filter is a cake walk... People just need to learn to purchase the correct tools for the job.. Thats why I own about 20 oil filter cap wrenches and the like. About to be 21 actually, I need to hit up the Toyota dealer for the new one for 06-up Toyota V6s

I use to work in a lube shop and i hated every time a shit ass internal filter came in.I all was had the correct tools.It a shit ass design.Thats not even the worst to do.Ever done a catiera, you are all ways going to burn your self.The only cake walk oil filters are 3.1 and 3x00.