Power steering leak? Where to begin

ImJonahearMeRoar

I have a 92 grand prix 3.1 and am having a power steering problem. Checked the fluid and was near empty so I filled it up and now, 3 days later or so, I'm empty again. Any advice on how to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Was it actually leaking on the ground? Regardless you'll find out this winter when everything is cold and shrunk if it holds together or not. My low pressure line was fine (no leakage at all) then on the coldest fucking day over the winter last year it exploded.

I have a 92 grand prix 3.1 and am having a power steering problem. Checked the fluid and was near empty so I filled it up and now, 3 days later or so, I'm empty again. Any advice on how to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Probably the pressure line? Not a hard fix. I just did this on my '93. I got the line from NAPA for under $30 and rocked the motor forward to get to it. The hardest part was reinstalling the plastic clip that looks like the outline of a tiny hand. Those of you that have done this know what I mean. We ended up taking a stubby wrench on the line end on the rack and took a 2' long 2x4 and bumped it loose because we could not get any leverage otherwise. Once that was done, it was pretty straight forward.