Some minor updates on the TGP; Started on the interior PG3.

slick

Yeah, the new carpet I got is nice. The stock carpet was worn through on the drivers kick panel, which is why there was a bit of surface rust there. I shouldn't have any issue's anymore, now that I completely rust proofed it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• digitaloutsider

• Psych0matt

• Addicted To Boost

I hit it with a wire brush. I had a few wire brush's for my drill, so I tossed one in, and went to town for about an hour. I got it down to pretty much bare metal, then applied the por-15.

Once the por-15 had sat for a few hours, I then started cutting and glueing down the insulation.

I put the windows down to let the car air out overnight. Tomorrow afternoon (about 24 hours after doing this), I will be putting the carpet down, and the interior back in.

I bought it new off of blackbombshell95. I'd send him a PM asking him exactly where he got it.

I'll post pictures of it tomorrow, along with what I think of it. I'm sure I will have to do some trimming, but with aftermarket carpets, that is to be expected (except most people complain that they should be made to fit :rolleyes:).

Got the carpet into the TGP today. I gotta get a heat gun to work out the wrinkles from it sitting boxed up for a while, but otherwise, holes are cut for bolts and harness's, and it is trimmed to fit. I probably won't get back to it until Monday. I had planned on putting the heat gun to it today and putting the interior in, but I'm just too damn tired for some reason.

Overall, it went as expected. They cut the carpet a bit large so you can trim it to fit. Better than them cutting it too small. I had to cut holes for the bolts and harness's as well, pretty easy. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the insulation was put in the wrong spots, but oh well. That, and some of the mold lines weren't even side to side, but again, a heat gun will fix everything right up.

Overall, if I needed another carpet for another car, I would try to find a nice OEM carpet and dye it. However, if there was a known aftermarket company that made a direct fit that fit nice, I would have no problem purchasing it.

My 442s carpet was cut to fit and molded very nicely

ACC is who made mine

Overall, if I needed another carpet for another car, I would try to find a nice OEM carpet and dye it. However, if there was a known aftermarket company that made a direct fit that fit nice, I would have no problem purchasing it.

There are no known aftermarket companies, for these cars, that make a great direct fit.

looks good Chris.

That rear floor pan looks familiar! .....I had my whole out of my car from teh floor to the back deck last fall putting sound deadener in.

If I do the front, I'll be useing carpet padding....NICE

Seriously, the padding is dirt cheap. The padding comes 6ft wide, and they sell it by the foot length, so that's already 6 yrds, and it's $.44/sq yrd. They had some extra left over, 12 feet long, so I got 72 sq yrds of it for like $33 or so, after taxes. It's pretty damn light too.

Carpet is in. For future reference, I would pay premium for a nice OEM carpet and dye it to my liking than deal with aftermarket carpets for these cars again (maybe not other vehicles, but for the W's for sure). Fitment is pretty horrible, however finish is pretty decently nice. If it was any color but black, you would be able to see every imperfection. However, since black hides stuff so nicely, it's easier to deal with. OEM carpet has definately got to be in this cars future!

Anyways, the mold must have been severly fucked, or the person making the carpet must have been drunk. The seat rail impressions were not even from drivers to passenger side. The plastic footpad in the drivers side is crooked. And several of the bends and curves are over and under exagerated, making it pretty tough to work with.

Pictures will speak for themselves.

TGP031.jpg

TGP032.jpg

TGP033.jpg

TGP034.jpg

TGP030.jpg