Some minor updates on the TGP; Started on the interior PG3.

slick

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• digitaloutsider

• Psych0matt

• Addicted To Boost

After putting everything up against the door panels today, the choice of the middle right one was quite obvious. That, and I really like the fact that it is rubber backed.

sounds like a good choice....that was the one I was going to suggest by looking at them all next to each other...

After putting everything up against the door panels today, the choice of the middle right one was quite obvious. That, and I really like the fact that it is rubber backed.

WINNER!!!!! What do i get for a prize?

Bag of pizza rolls, and a PB&J sammich.

I take it the rubber backing doesn't make the carpet stick out too much? The backing won't be seen if looked at edgewise?

Tom

Nope, all good. I was sure to check all that out before I decided on that fabric. The door panel's insert is deep enough to hide the backing quite well.

I'm putting my order in later this week.

Was just checking. :biggrin:

Good luck with the project.

Tom

Thanks!

I'll be sure to post pictures once it is complete. I need to figure out exactly how much I need right now, as there's several things that need to be re-done.

bro! you don't mess with a fat man and food, I'm going to hold you to that when i see you next :high5:

bro! you don't mess with a fat man and food, I'm going to hold you to that when i see you next :high5:

LOL, I was serious about my statement! Grape or Strawberry?

• 3 months later...

Today I POR-15'd the interior and layed down some padding. This is the same stuff that go's under your carpet in your home. I'll probably lay down another layer tomorrow. This stuff should dampen a ton of noise, and give a nice thick feeling under the carpet. Not shown in the pictures, but I stuffed a ton of in in the rails that the seats bolt down onto. Should help damped any noise that may rattle through there.

TGP008.jpg

TGP009.jpg

TGP010.jpg

TGP011.jpg

TGP012.jpg

TGP013.jpg

TGP014.jpg

TGP015.jpg

TGP021.jpg

TGP022.jpg

TGP023.jpg

TGP024.jpg

TGP025.jpg

TGP026.jpg

I got the idea from another member on here actually. After I rode in his car a few years back, I knew I had to do it someday. 72 sq ft, and I could carry it out with one arm. It's light as hell, and should quiet down the interior noise quite a bit.

I got the idea from another member on here actually. After I rode in his car a few years back, I knew I had to do it someday. 72 sq ft, and I could carry it out with one arm. It's light as hell, and should quiet down the interior noise quite a bit.

Honestly, I'm a flooring manager, don't tell me about my own product!

You think it'll hold up/stay in place/etc? I guess you probably wont have it out too much in the rain/snow, so it wouldn't see moisture as much

Honestly, I'm a flooring manager, don't tell me about my own product!

You think it'll hold up/stay in place/etc? I guess you probably wont have it out too much in the rain/snow, so it wouldn't see moisture as much

I glued it in place, so I'm sure it will stay in place.

hmmm, might have to try that, cuz I'm sure I can get it close to cost :wink: I guess in my mind it just seems like it would make the carpet shift or something, not hold up as well, if that makes sense

It's a spring/summer/fall good weather car only.

This stuff will probably resist water better than the stock insulation that is under the carpet anyways. It breathes much better than the heavy wool-type insulation that is stock in these cars.

Unless there is a leak that leads to under the carpet it should be fine. No water will go through the carpet, from what I have seen of the underside of mine its got a nice thick rubber skin on the underside.

Jamie