well i found the proof of 280HP+

GrandPrix34

Heh heh! Sounds like you don't like the Vette that much. :)

You mention that GM detuned the CTS-V to 400HP. Well, I doubt the production version of the CTS-V will even have 350HP! I don't think they want the CTS-V to be more powerful than the current Seville STS. It'll embarrass the hell out of Cadillac's current flagship car. Hell, the Cadillac XLR's engine is only around 315HP or so. That to me, is embarrassing. Thing costs $85,000US and it has bullshit for horsepower. For that price I want something into the 450HP+ range.

Anyways, I think that (if the 280HP LQ1 was true) a more reasonable decision as to why they would detune the engine is because of the lack of having a transmission to put all that power to the ground. I don't think the 4T65-E/HD could even handle that type of power, considering some of them are burning up on the 240HP L67.

Well I have heard of the rumors of the 280 hp engine way before i knew bout this site, its not so hard to see, i mean my 91 Z34 would have anihalated an 91 IROC, if the LQ1 had 280hp, so yah i do believe the engine exists, now if we could find the specs of that engine, we could easiely tune our DOHC's to get more HP GM always detunes production cars, anyways just because of the VETTE, mark my words no other GM car will ever out produce horsepower than the Vette of the Same year, it simply wont happen, EVEN th NEW CTS V had to be detuned to 400hp vs the 405 of the Z06 camaros and firebirds have always been detuned, lol except for the SNEAKY GN and turbo trans am's of the early 90's only cars from GM to ever be quicker than the Vette of the same year, but it was because BUICK which developed both engines, were sneaky as hell lol, the Cyclone and Typhoon im not so sure bout, but im im almost srue the vette was faster, but yah, We DOHC people need more aftermarket :twisted:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 91GranSport

• brian89gp

• Aaron

• Vegeta

NO NO NO dont get me wrong I LOVE THE VETTE it is my all time most favorite car, im just stating facts, hell there is no such thing as an unsexy vette lol but like i said GM cant have any car being close in performance, oh yah they blame the end of the Fbodys on lacking sales...... hmm seems a lil fishy to me, but i think its because Fbodys were way cheaper than vettes and very very close in performance as in 1/4 mile times and such, i mean handling yes the vette whoops it, but the TA and SS were definetly cheaper, more reasonable alternatives to the Vette, i dont blame there demise all on sales. Ive heard the rumors the Fiero was ended is because it was gettting perfected, and performance was easily going to be in the vette range on a cheaper car. THE 3.4 DOHC swap in a fiero alone puts it definetly in serious sports car territory, now moding it may put some Fbodys, mustangs, and quit possibly vettes in there place lol but yah i love the vette i say they just make it ultra powerful, so it will leave more room for other GM cars to advance. :idea:

I know it gets annoying after a while, but it's still quite a mystery for some of us, especially 3.4L Twin Cam owners. Hell, I don't even own a 3.4L Twin Cam but I'm just curious as to whether or not this is true. I'm not one to assume, but if I were, I'd guess it'd be true.

I'm willing to bet that it is true, but I aslo know GM. Unless you actually have someone inside GM that is high enough pushing for the specs I doubt you'll ever get them. Hell, headers, different intake, higher compression, and a redline of 8k and you easily have 280hp.

Okay dude, I just wanted to make sure you don't hate the best GM vehicle there currently is. :)

I too love the Vette. But if you're right, then that means the Vette has to seriously bring up it's performance so that everyone else below the Vette can bring their performance up to. Thank goodness the C6 will be well into teh 450HP-500HP range. Just check the Corvette Forum, they got tons of info on there.

NO NO NO dont get me wrong I LOVE THE VETTE it is my all time most favorite car, im just stating facts, hell there is no such thing as an unsexy vette lol but like i said GM cant have any car being close in performance, oh yah they blame the end of the Fbodys on lacking sales...... hmm seems a lil fishy to me, but i think its because Fbodys were way cheaper than vettes and very very close in performance as in 1/4 mile times and such, i mean handling yes the vette whoops it, but the TA and SS were definetly cheaper, more reasonable alternatives to the Vette, i dont blame there demise all on sales. Ive heard the rumors the Fiero was ended is because it was gettting perfected, and performance was easily going to be in the vette range on a cheaper car. THE 3.4 DOHC swap in a fiero alone puts it definetly in serious sports car territory, now moding it may put some Fbodys, mustangs, and quit possibly vettes in there place lol but yah i love the vette i say they just make it ultra powerful, so it will leave more room for other GM cars to advance. :idea: