Convertible top boot

swift13

when i started this thread thats what i was seeing if anybody had bought and how well it worked. do you have any pics of it on your car or just the ones on ebay??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swift13

• kbviper

• jake91

• 94 olds vert

Two of my Cutty verts are under cover in the garage :biggrin: :biggrin:- the other is under a cover outside :frown: :frown:

I took the cover off my 1994 teal and put the boot I bought on eBay from Milos on and took some photos. I have the factory boot but prefer this one. Snaps replace two screws in the trunk and straps on the boot snap on to these. Real heavy vinyl, well stitched, and stays in place at all speeds.

Here are some pics;

yeah i thought about that but i think i wanna keep it original just for name sake i guess, i dunno i dont think 2 boots would hurt anything, and i can use one all the time and save the other for special occasions!!! lol :lol:

I concur, the original boots are getting rare, I don`t think I would modify one. I took the boot I had bought on eBay to a local upholsterer and he made a copy out of vinyl that is a little thinner. He made 4 for me and charged me $125 each. Great for using on the two `beater`Cutty verts I have.

• 1 year later...

I've heard the ones they are selling new on e-bay fit pretty good. I took my factory cover to an upholstry shop and had them put heavy duty snaps in it and on the plastic trim that surrounds the top when it's down and it works and looks great, it cost me about $50.00.

:question: I tried my boot briefly once after purchasing the car last October before it went into winter storage and it was a tough fit. It has velcro strips along the front by the seatback and appears to tuck under along the backside by brake lamp. It has no straps, or snaps except for two in the front by the windows over the top latches. Is this the correct original setup??? :question:

:question: I tried my boot briefly once after purchasing the car last October before it went into winter storage and it was a tough fit. It has velcro strips along the front by the seatback and appears to tuck under along the backside by brake lamp. It has no straps, or snaps except for two in the front by the windows over the top latches. Is this the correct original setup??? :question:

Yes, do you have the bag for the boot? There are instruction on how to install in side.

YES, I do have the original boot cover with instructions inside. I have read them, but still wondered, just in case, so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

:willynilly: Can't summer come any faster???????????????????? :willynilly:

YES, I do have the original boot cover with instructions inside. I have read them, but still wondered, just in case, so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

:willynilly: Can't summer come any faster???????????????????? :willynilly:

I wish summer would just get here already.

• 1 month later...

Aprox. 8 yrs. ago I test drove a '93 Cutlass Convertible, white w/ maroon interior. It had a maroon boot

(no boot bag) that was hard plastic on the sides and back corners but vinyl in the middle across the back.

Did Olds change designs form '93 to '94 or '95?

Good luck trying to find a boot. When I was thinking of getting the Cutty convertible, it didn't come with a boot, and the dealership was all, "I 'unno!" about it, and I couldn't find any on ebay...although Tom DID find a Cutty convertible duffel bag. Go figure! :rolleyes:

the rigidity in mine comes from metal rods or stays that form the shape in the bottom edge seam. I think I rembere three sections of rod allowing the boot to fold or collapse

Good luck trying to find a boot. When I was thinking of getting the Cutty convertible, it didn't come with a boot, and the dealership was all, "I 'unno!" about it, and I couldn't find any on ebay...although Tom DID find a Cutty convertible duffel bag. Go figure! :rolleyes:

they sell a pretty good aftermarket one on ebay for like 240 i think but im not too sure if that is the correct price. and sometimes a person sells one but the bids usually go pretty high i bought mine for like 180 at the time.

i have 2 boots one i found in the junkyard but i got a deal with another guy to trade for it.