FWI… I caught the mod bug.

Addicted to eaton

This is crazy I’m addicted now. Problem is I have no idea what the hell I’m doing But im going to learn. I removed the old intake, Bought a 3 inch to 4 inch coupler. For 10$ then I bought a dryer tube. For 12$ bought a 4 inch cone filter for 25$. So for 47$ I’m very happy. It sounds amazing and going 30 in 1st and putting it to the floor you can hear it curp the wheels a little (on 4 lane main street). 0-60 seems to pull a lot better. And it seems to work a lot easier for the power. It stay’s nice and cool to. the filter goes down and behind the fog light/under the horn.

I have seen people wrap the FWI tube with some kind of aluminum foil bubble wrap stuff. I’m going to guess this is insulation and keeps in Intake temp’s down. I think it look’s cool. Anyone know what im looking for or talking about?

Mod number 2… what should it be.

104 plug’s (what would this do for me. And why do people do it)

T-stat. what would be the point in doing this. Motor temperature? And what shuld I go with

ECM upgrade

LS9 lol. Not going to happen :) but hey I can dream

Basically I don’t want to do mod’s that im going to have to do over again later. FWI is a FWI lol. I wan’t to know what I need to do to run a 3.4 Pully and be safe. And in what order I should do it in.

befor

th_MOV00397.jpg

After

th_MOV00669.jpg

I'd get a real filter for it though. Those autozone filters suck ass. They don't filter for shit.

I'd throw in a 180 stat, 3" dp, and a good tune up at it and then SCAN and see how its doing. Then get yourself a tuned pcm or hell just by a tuner. If the kr is down to nothing I'd say throw on a 3.4 pulley and 104 plugs.

The cheap autozone filters arent so bad. They're better than the factory paper filter and wont oil up your sensors like k&ns

I don't believe that the "Spectre" shit ass Autozone filters do a better job than a stock filter. And I've had K&N's in all of my cars for the past 5.5 years and I've never had any of them oil up a sensor. Just don't be a retard when you recharge the filter itself.

Nice first mod btw.

That's funny. I used the exact same intake tubing. I found the tubing at home depot, it was exactly 4", it came in an 8 ft length but I just cut off the amount I needed. The only difference is that I used it to fabricate my EXHAUST though.

DSC01630.jpg

:biggrin:

I <3 this site :)

In all seriousness though, that stuff is very thin aluminum coiled up to form a tube. It's not exactly tightly sealed and ready for that level of usage. Personally, I'd look for some cheap plastic pipes and rubber couplers before chancing with that.

No. But honestly If i didn't sound fucking amazing like it does I probably wouldn't Spend the time and more money to make a Nice one. I really wasn't expecting to see the performance gains that i did.