? Front Valance Question

TimRTGP77

Hi,

Does anyone know how much the lower front valance on the TGP or other B4U cars adds to cooling the running temperature? :redface: My TGP seems to always be running a bit warmer than I am completely comfortable with.. like it seems to be on the verge of overheating at any minute lol.. when I bought it didn't, and still doesn't, :mad: have the lower front valance on it.. would purchasing a valance somewhere and putting it on add a lot to making my car run cooler? :willynilly:

-Tim

i don't think it'd make a significant difference, not enough to cause it to overheat. Do you have all OEM parts? Check the condition of your coolant, maybe swap out a thermostat

Start by the cheap stuff. Like a new thermostat. Coolant flush. Your rad could be blocked and my just need a flush. Have you seen any leaks under the car while its parked. Is there any coolant around the waterpump.

Thanks.. It doesn't overheat, just seems to be running awfully close to 220 degrees pretty often..

Stock except for the air conditioning drain no water under the car..

Coolant seems to be up there.

-Tim

Thanks.. It doesn't overheat, just seems to be running awfully close to 220 degrees pretty often..

Stock except for the air conditioning drain no water under the car..

Coolant seems to be up there.

-Tim

220 degrees is a normal fully heated up temp for 99% of cars... Your primary fan wont kick on until 219 I think, and the secondary for A/C or about 230 or so...

It sounds normal since its summer. But if you are really concerned try to get a new thermostat. Mine did the same thing on my 89 Z24 cavalier and then I changed the thermostat and it was back to normal. A new one can't hurt!!!

92 GP is right

220 degrees is a normal fully heated up temp for 99% of cars... Your primary fan wont kick on until 219 I think, and the secondary for A/C or about 230 or so...

stock the fans kick on around 210 to 220. Normal operating ranges for an engine are 190-220, so you don't really have any problems :)

I would really hope its the later and actually around 210-220, 230 for the fan, thats terrible! :eek:

I have my fans on at 175 and 185, summer time it'll reach 220 sitting around and get down to 200-205 on the freeway and it'll rarely ever get over 180 in the winter.

Get a chip from Kenny, have him set the primary fan turn on at 160 degrees, install a 160 stat. Call it a day.

Mine NEVER gets hotter than 160 EVER.

oh ....and my IC fan turns on at 120 degrees and then automatically turns off over 55 MPH. That ensures cooler air flow through the IC.