Do Not buy AC Delco Battery

joey b

In my experience, not so much the brand of battery.......more the TYPE of battery......side post verses top post.

GM has been switching everything back over to top post batteries as new models come out.

A side post battery just has a 3/8" nut brazed in with lead....so any amount of heat from extended periods of cranking will cause issues.

Exide is the 3rd battery company......my dad works for them. They not only make their own line.....but also others.....Wal-Mart, John Deere, and also some BIG ones for the military...to name a few.

You guys are forgetting something very important!!! Just because they are made by the same manufacturer doesnt mean the Duralast and AC Delco (for example) are the same. They are made to very different specifications. Grid design, anchor points, lead paste concentration, grid/plate configuration, solder/material quiality..

You guys are forgetting something very important!!! Just because they are made by the same manufacturer doesnt mean the Duralast and AC Delco (for example) are the same. They are made to very different specifications. Grid design, anchor points, lead paste concentration, grid/plate configuration, solder/material quiality..

Maybe that would depend on the manufacture. At the plant I picked batteries up from, for 3 years, the duralast batteries, delco batteries, and another manufacture, all came from the same assembly line. The only diference on the batteries was the case and connector points, since duralast wanted top and side post.

I also picked up batteries from Johnson Controls in Iowa many times, where the 75 series batteries are made for Sears, and Energizer. Same assembly line again.

Typically the only differences are if the grids are glued to the bottom of the case for a rough duty battery.....some add a salt tablet to the acid...helps with CCA.

Other than minor changes....most are the same....at least as far as the manufacture is concerned.

Exide also makes the O'Reilly's Super Start.