NICE 2008 IMPALA "I WANT ONE"

ZacksZ34

This car is a 2008 Chevy Impala Police Package they are estimated at a 140mph topspeed very nice car leather interior. It belongs to my uncles parole officer

100_3015.jpg

100_3017.jpg

100_3016.jpg

Your uncle is driving his PO's crusier?

is your uncle a Parole Officer, or did you mean what you said?

Random question - why is it that cops always use steelies?

a) nowhere did he state that his uncle was driving it.

B) Steelies are cheaper, lighter and more durable than alloys. Why pay more money if it is less functional?

a) nowhere did he state that his uncle was driving it.

B) Steelies are cheaper, lighter and more durable than alloys. Why pay more money if it is less functional?

My apologies, I did not read carefully enough.

My guess that it was the cost, but then I assume for the police package, they just give them that option instead of alloys. I have no problem with steelies, I'd rock bare steel wheels over hub caps any day.

My best friend has a 07 Impala w/ 3500 and a custom 3" FWI I fabbed up for it and of course, some tuning done via HP Tuners :mrgreen: And yes, I am pretty sure it can do 140mph

Nice cars, and overall great feel to them. Tons of technology designed into the, which was quite noticable when I started tuning his TCM and ECM.. Tons of shit :willynilly:

Do the newer police impalas usually come with the 5.3? I haven't really noticed even though all Osage has is Impalas, and 1 or 2 Chargers, the county (Osage is the county seat) just has crown vics, and I think 1 Impala, damn this town has alot of cops for a smaller town.

New cop Impala's have the 3.9L with a 3.29 geared 4T60-E.

They are governed at 142ish mph (I gather, reving the shit out of it in 3rd), but are essentially out of steam at that point anyway.

A LOT better than the older 3800 Police cars............those shut off at 124 and once they had a light bar and crap, could barely do it anyway.

My best friend has a 07 Impala w/ 3500 and a custom 3" FWI I fabbed up for it and of course, some tuning done via HP Tuners :mrgreen: And yes, I am pretty sure it can do 140mph

I bet it'd be close, but not *quite* :twisted:

I say this, bcause it's a stretch for the 3900 cars and they make more power up past 5500 that the 3500's do............of course, since the 3500's ARE saddled with a 2.86 FDR, it *might* have enough grunt to do it in 3rd. Certainly NOT in 4th though.

Maybe something for some future "testing" (assuming you have any roads for it around you) :lol:

I bet it'd be close, but not *quite* :twisted:

I say this, bcause it's a stretch for the 3900 cars and they make more power up past 5500 that the 3500's do............of course, since the 3500's ARE saddled with a 2.86 FDR, it *might* have enough grunt to do it in 3rd. Certainly NOT in 4th though.

Maybe something for some future "testing" (assuming you have any roads for it around you) :lol:

Oh, we do have roads to do it on :lol: There is actually one we do a 130+ mph runs on with his 70 Monte Carlo... Then again, it does that is about a 1/4 mile :lol: but there is plenty more stretch to play with, its the road I put mine up to 130mph... Well that is according to the datalog and my HUD reading.

He pulls hard to the 6200rpm shift point. I still need to work on his a bit because my 3100CS stays right with him, then again I have done a lot with my PCM.. It is quite obvious his FDR sucks campared to my, whay, 3.35??

MAN that car got big. W-body must now be a full-size platform eh?

It definitely is... my grandma has an 07 ls (with 1000 miles !!!)

We fit 3 comfortably across the back with room to spare. We actually had 3 across the front with the bench seat as well. Not a lot of cars these days that you can practically fit 6. Saved us on gas and parking going to Ribfest haha.

Oh yeah, one thing I have noticed, the 3500 doesnt seem to make the low-mid range my 3100 does... Kinda confuses me..

I think it's a combination of you have more gear (3.33 FDR vs 2.86........remember, gearing is torque MULTIPLICATION), and less agressive torque management............plus it wouldn't surprise me if the new cars have a lower stall torque convertor too (I haven't actually checked).

Yeah, I havent checked what his will stall up to. I dont know what mine is exactly, but I can effectively get it to stall at about 3100rpm before my brakes decide they would not rather keep the car still anymore :lol: Of course, torque braking should always have end up with a higher rpm than the stall speed it rated at..

Also, if I am not mistaken, I disabled abuse mode and torque management when I did the last tune with his trans settings.

I need to get back down to Mansfield where my buddy lives and line up his Impy with my CS again... Im running a much more different tune than the last time I ran him and now I have much much more midrange, especially between 50-75% TPS.. This was all thanks to some 3400 spark, afr, and PE maps.. Although I still need to get larger injectors in my car.

Thats another difference I noticed, GM put bigger injectors in the 3500 than what they will really even need with heavy breathing mods.. His only hits maximum 50% duty cycle from what I have seen, whereas my 3100 hits 90% beginning at 4000rpm and hits 95% before it shifts.. His is Flex-Fuel, but even using E85 I doubt it will peak 75% duty cycle.

Seems GM either is hitting the parts bin and using the same injectors as the 3900 uses, or they are just wanting to have the injectors live longer :lol:

Either way, his Impy kicks ass. I love them, but Im not a fan of 4 doors, but that is easily solved by getting a Monte Carlo.

I highly recommend them to anyone wanting a roomy 4 door with awsome gas mileage and a decent amount of power..

I still wanna play with the 3500 engine...

Wait....police impalas only got the 3900 and not the 5.3??? WTF!?!?!?!?

5.3 isnt cost effective by any means.. But I have seen one police Impy with the LS4... And yes, I have seen it with the hood open. its used as a highway intercepter. It wasnt originally sold as a police package from what I have been told

Wait....police impalas only got the 3900 and not the 5.3??? WTF!?!?!?!?

5.3 isnt cost effective by any means.. But I have seen one police Impy with the LS4... And yes, I have seen it with the hood open. its used as a highway intercepter. It wasnt originally sold as a police package from what I have been told

The other problem I've heard is that the 4T65-E will trigger about a half a dozen pressure DTC's in any kind of hard, high speed use in 4th gear.

My old room-mate told me a story.........I gather that they had to deliver an Impala SS to a dealer in Council Bluffs (about 2hrs west of Des Moines), and that their (Bob Brown Chevrolet) delivery driver is a cop or somesuch (as his day job), and that the State Patrol had to deliver a Police Package Charger (5.7L Hemi) to there too............at the same time............so I guess they left together (at the butt-crack of dawn).

Anyway, the story goes that they ran 120+ most of the way, and the Impala (again...an LS4 SS) kept up fine, but DID turn on the SES lamp and had all those DTC's (again, high pressure.......I think it gets cranky and thinks there is a problem if the line pressure is held high for too long).

Plus, the guy with the fast LQ1 Monte from Florida (can't remember his SN right now) had the same thing happened the first time he did a top speed run with no governor (he had a missfire too IIRC).

Either way, I gather that the 65-E doesn't like having to hold 4th gear for a long time (at least with stock PCM logic), and this (along with possible oil temp and cost issues) is likely why cop cars have the 3.9.......

Either way, his Impy kicks ass. I love them, but Im not a fan of 4 doors, but that is easily solved by getting a Monte Carlo.

To bad the Monte isn't made anymore.

I really like my SS......even with the DOD, its mpg sucks......it won't get over 20.

If you are going to buy an Impala and don't plan on keeping it forver...buy used...beware ex-rental cars though....they depricate a lot the first couple years.

Either way, I gather that the 65-E doesn't like having to hold 4th gear for a long time (at least with stock PCM logic), and this (along with possible oil temp and cost issues) is likely why cop cars have the 3.9.......

The 3.9 cars don't have the 65-E?

And I don't see why they can't use longer gears. Put the 2.93's in 'em like the GTP's. 150+ in 3rd is no problem...

The 3.9 cars don't have the 65-E?

And I don't see why they can't use longer gears. Put the 2.93's in 'em like the GTP's. 150+ in 3rd is no problem...

I think it's an issue of having to deal with holding 4th gear AND dealing with the LS4's torque (something a LOT easier to do with a 3.9L ;)).

Plus, I know it sounds ass backwards, but I have heard that the LS series motors in general have oil temp issues.........one reason why Vette's REQUIRE Mobil 1 AND have oil coolers.