OK SERIOUSLY EVERYBODY HELP!!!!!! UPDATE PG 7!

Night Fury

*SIGH*. I made the whole trip to KC with little flaw. It did die twice in a row about halfway there, but started again and made the rest of the trip 'fine'. THEN the fun started. It died several times in town... It seems to do it when I hit the gas... no matter how hard. If it doesn't die and you KEEP the pedal in at least a bit, its fine, explaining its highway decentness. I got turned around in town and ended up stuck in a right turn only... back onto the highway. I tried to ease into it as easy as I could and it started ok... but I was about to get run over so I got into it just a tiny bit more... and it died. On the on-ramp. Fuck.

I tried to start it. Nope.

I waited. I turned the fans on via paperclip to cool it off

I waited.

And waited.

Still wouldn't start.

Finally I popped the hood, took the keys and clip out, went to sit in the shade to let it cool off, and HOPED TO GOD a big rig hit it.

Motorist assist came, tried to diagnose it, it has fuel at the rail he said, and put a "don't tow" tag on it cause I told him it starts after cooling off...

My sister came and got me and I ate, mowed her yard, went for ice cream, etc.

Fast forward a few hours to about twenty minutes ago...

She brought me back to it, it took a LONG while to get it started, but finally it did, and seemed and revved fine. Then I drove just enough for it to loose like ALL power. I put it back in park and it just shuddered and stuff when I 'revved' it. (hardly touching it at all) but it WAS running. I popped the hood to check for loose sp wires and stuff... nothing seemed amiss except it idling rather rough, and the H.B. was trying its best to smooth it out... I nudged the throttle cable a bit... very rough revving... nudged it a BIT more... it died.

And wouldn't start again.

And this is where I am at.

I CAN'T LEAVE MY CAR ON A FUCKING ON-RAMP!

I have until 'tomorrow' to get it off...

A) have it towed to a local shop

B) fix it myself(preferred)... IF I KNEW WHAT WAS WRONG!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Addicted to eaton

• pontiac6ksteawd

• 88red4cyl

And like I said, A VERY easy solution that WOULDN'T hurt my feelings at all is someone totaling it.

SOMEONE PLEASE GO FUCK IT UP!!

It's on the southbound I-29 on-ramp from 64th street.

KTHX<3ULOTSBAI!

And like I said, A VERY easy solution that WOULDN'T hurt my feelings at all is someone totaling it.

SOMEONE PLEASE GO FUCK IT UP!!

It's on the southbound I-29 on-ramp from 64th street.

KTHX<3ULOTSBAI!

Wonder how the wheels would look on my cutty!! HAHA kidding :)

I am not kidding. I am sure you have an old beater pickup... Break into the trunk, get the lug key and socket from the toolbox, take the wheels and hide them in the trees for later pickup, and TOTAL THE CAR! As long as the car is totaled, the WHEELS ARE YOURS!!! DO IT PLEASE!!!!!!!

Ignition related perhaps?

All three coil packs are brand fucking new ac/delco's along with the wires AND plugs. New within 3000 miles.

Oh, and Anthony? That would be about a grand for you to total my car for me. Sounds pretty fair to me! Brand new tires!!

I have notified local authorities.

Seriously though this is why I got rid of my '93 CS, engine got worse and worse and worse at maintaining an idle, never while moving did I have any problems. But after pound the living heck outta the steering wheel too many times and a little too much money into my mechanic's hands. I had enough. At least take the thing to a mechanic for a second opinion, but jam with the guy, let him know what you've done and eliminated and two minds are better than one. If it's a sexy chick, again jam with them about the car during the day. . . and then in the evening . . . . (nothing's more attractive than a guy with a 15+ year old car that's broken down, trust me).

BTW - At work some idiot changed the internet settings so we can't log into anything, customer's websites to obtain information, supplier's websites. That ability came back later in the day. I was trying to say NOOOOOOO! don't go, would you have listened to me anyhow?

How much for the whole car Seariously With out rims?

How about $1500? It has a new battery, New calipers ALL AROUND, ALL rotors, and ALL pads. It still seems to have a bit of air in the lines though. And like said, ALL new coil packs, wires and plugs. I would LOVE you SOOO much!! I just need to cover the whole tranny and swap costs...

This actually sounds really familiar to me, in my instance, all of the injectors were filled with carbon and shit. I forget the name of the stuff, but the one thing that helped (if nothing else temporarily) is getting a shot of this compressed air crap that's supposed to free all of the carbon from the engine, and eventually problems reoccured, but it was a good couple of months before symptoms returned.

Injectors is my best bet. Thing about the problems that you're having.

If it's not that try putting some 10" subs in the trunk, and perhaps you can rattle the car to life.

Sounds like a ignition module to me, or if the car has one, a MAF. But I am not sure when GM brought back the MAF.

I was thinking ignition module too... That or the crank sensor..

Sounds like a ignition module to me, or if the car has one, a MAF. But I am not sure when GM brought back the MAF.

I was thinking ignition module too... That or the crank sensor..

Where are either of those located and how much $?

The ignition module is underneath the coils. If you have changed the coils, you know how hard it is. Just 8 more wire connections.. Go to a junkyard and buy a coil ignition module assembly. Swap the whole thing in, and see what happens. This way you are only out maybe 20 bucks. VS the 100 bucks the module costs new. Or since you cant find your keys to the GP, borrow them off the GP.

If its the CPS, thats a bit more of a pain in the ass. I will let someone else chime in on that one.

So is it part of the engine, or is it on the back of the coil packs?

It's what the coil packs attach to... Then that assembly attaches to the engine...