OK SERIOUSLY EVERYBODY HELP!!!!!! UPDATE PG 7!

Night Fury

It does sound like a good deal. I have a problem were I become emotionally attached to my car’s. I Couldn’t do that to Buck I know is car could be a simple fix He just needs to find it. I would feel guilty And he would regret it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Addicted to eaton

• pontiac6ksteawd

• 88red4cyl

I was going to put money on the ICM, and it does sound like it was part of the issue. The remaining issues sound to me like either a problem with your MAP, or a plugged cat.

I had very similar issues with my previous Fiero, and it turned out to be the connector on the MAP was working itself loose, and only making intermittent connection. My Mom's car back in the day had a seriously plugged cat that caused issues very similar to the revving problems you've mentioned as well.

Good luck though, and don't give up yet... I'm sure you can find the problem.

It does sound like a good deal. I have a problem were I become emotionally attached to my car’s. I Couldn’t do that to Buck I know is car could be a simple fix He just needs to find it. I would feel guilty And he would regret it.

I would NOT regret it! :biggrin: As long as I found a decent priced tranny, and whoever said they would put it in for $200 for you did it, I would be on top of the world!!

And I'll check the map. I banged on the cat night before last and nothing seemed amiss...

Guess what? I'm HOME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: It went nearly flawlessly.

Two things happened. Really, one, but happened twice.

1) Right after I got gas and started it again, it was rough again. I revved it a few times, and it 'cleared up' and ran fine again.

2) I made it all the way to the off ramp here in St. Joe, and it stalled, and started a bit hard, but it did, then died. I repeated this process a couple of times, giving it gas as it turned over was the only way it would start. I did the same thing once it stayed running but rough: revved it quite a bit and it finally cleared up again and I made it through town to home!!

I just don't get how it can be so random...

And no fuel coming from the Vacuum line, when it was idling correctly, and nothing happened when I tapped the map, and it was plugged in. the STB was a bitch to get around though.

Good to know you made it home and you didn't have to commit fraud with the insurance. :lol:

... yet. :lol: :lol:

I wanna trade Anthony though!! :mrgreen:

Fuel Injectors me thinks...

I agree. We called my car the Phantom until we figured out it was the fuel injectors. Seriously, don't spend a single more cent until you test the fuel pressure and OHM the fuel injectors. At least you'll KNOW definitely.

Injectors is my best bet. Think about the problems that you're having.

I agree. We called my car the Phantom until we figured out it was the fuel injectors. Seriously, don't spend a single more cent until you test the fuel pressure and OHM the fuel injectors. At least you'll KNOW definitely.

I got money on bad injectors

Consensus,

Does anyone know a car problem bookie?

And Buck, stop driving the car anywhere that far away until you figure out what is wrong - and I mean 100%. Seriously, because it'll be your luck that you'll have it die one one of those stupid highways where they have the concrete barriers out on both sides and no shoulders because of construction, and you might just get your wish and have the car destroyed as it'll be stuck on in the middle of traffic. I'm serious, this just isn't that big a longshot for those who think that I'm being over the top.

Oh yeah, I'm done driving it unless its to a shop... :wink: So Say an injector is bad. How much is it, and should I replace all of them?

Oh yeah, I'm done driving it unless its to a shop... :wink: So Say an injector is bad. How much is it, and should I replace all of them?

One injector can take out the entire bank.. And yes, at this age, and how common it is for them to fail, you should replace them all

I hope you got somethin down there.. :)

Trust me, I have PLENTY down there... :lol:

One injector can take out the entire bank.. And yes, at this age, and how common it is for them to fail, you should replace them all

How much do they cost?

Why would I want used though? :mad:

Because if they came off a running engine, it really wouldn't matter. You can also have them rebuilt.

I hope you got somethin down there.. :)

Trust me, I have PLENTY down there... :lol:

that's what she said!

i would find a low mile car in the j/y and get them off of that.

guys... I have messed with plenty of injectors. Old or not... often multimetering them will reveal that one or two are out of spec, but the rest are ok. Buy a digital multimeter and check them all out.

guys... I have messed with plenty of injectors. Old or not... often multimetering them will reveal that one or two are out of spec, but the rest are ok. Buy a digital multimeter and check them all out.

i got one from harbor freight for $3