Flipping dog bone mounts.

Cam'ron

I just did a write up / pics while in progress for someone on a local board. This is a nice alternative to poly dog bone doohickeys. If you have done it kewl, i like the small difference. But if you haven't take a look.

:lol: even tho the whole mount had to come out compared to my 03 when i did this, that took me all of 15 minutes including cleanup :lol:

before

dogbones002.jpg

after

dogbones003.jpg

quick vid, easier than writing it all out for the flip

th_dogbones007.jpg

all you end up removing

dogbones005.jpg

what i used for tools - recommend a wrench for the passenger side or just pop a plug wire off to get the socket on.

dogbones006.jpg

dogbones004.jpg

like i said it took me all of 15 minutes, very easy job. was alot easier out of the car, i remember screwing around for an hour trying to flip them in the car on my 03

i have heard some people say it causes issues with the lower mounts... may be true but i never had any mount issues on my 03 in the 3 years after doing that flip

i have heard some people say it causes issues with the lower mounts... may be true but i never had any mount issues on my 03 in the 3 years after doing that flip

It's BS. It doesn't even make a big enough difference to even notice, let alone mess up the motor mounts. If that was true, I'd be blowing mounts left and right with my poly dogbone bushings.

What does this do exactly.?

It's an alternative so to speak to buying poly dogbone mounts

:werd: it just takes a lot of the play out of the mounts. you can see the difference, normally they are allowed to move back and forth because of the way the mount is located after the 90* flip the mount is much more restricted as far as front to back movement which apparently = more TQ getting to the ground. true or not who knows i havent ever dyno'd a before and after, not sure if anyone else has either.

the perf increase is mainly from rapid throtle inputs... and shifting. it keeps the motor from twisting as much... putting that power down to the wheels...

best way to describe it... on a slow roll you punch the gas the car lurches and then goes.... with the stiffer mounts it just goes forward no twist or lurching before the go!

the stiffer the mounts the louder the sound in the car due to extra vibration entering the car.

the stiffer the mounts the louder the sound in the car due to extra vibration entering the car.

And that's why GM didn't do it like this from the beginning?

And that's why GM didn't do it like this from the beginning?

I remember the first time I started and drove my Lumina after putting on the FFP mounts. It was a lot noisier...and a lot more um...vibrate-y?

• 4 weeks later...