I'm ALREADY starting to DREAD frozen WINDOWS!

gmrulz4u

Well I live in Southern Ontario, and winter's a comin'!!:o(

All I know, is that for the past 2 winters(the # of winters with my 89 Supreme), my damn windows ALWAYS get frozen, and won't come down! I hate it!

ESPECIALLY seeing as I have to pay to park at work everyday, and when you get there, you have to grab a ticket, and when you leave, you have to pay a person, so that's TWICE I have to power down my window!

Anyone have any tricks of the trade to prevent this annoyance? Probably not...

Guest Anonymous

Try cleaning your window with alchohol. That's what is used in some de-icers you buy. Maybe having it on your window will slow the freezing process. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. :roll:

Hell, snow is in our forecast for this Friday AND Saturday! I live in northwestern PA. I came out of work tonight and I had to scrape my windshield, was frosted over pretty good. I don't mind winter that much anymore, just hate that lake effect snow from Lake Erie.

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

I live in central PA and we're supposed to get snow Friday also. I don't mind the snow at all. I can't take the temps. going below 25*. If it stayed around 30* all winter I'd be happy.

I live in Waco Texas. What's "snow"? ]}:>

Not that I've needed it, but I've seen plastic sheets with magnets on the edges, that fit over the windows. Even cheaper is a garbage bag and kitchen magnets.

Speaking of snow, ice and winter.. anyone know of any good car covers? I need one that's gonna protect the cutty against the elements this winter since I don't have a nice garage it can sleep in. While the cutty sits covered in the driveway, I'll use the sammy for the transportation in the snow and ice.

In the same boat here, southerwestern ontario.. I've had good luck with silicon spray. You need to careful put the stuff on the inner tracks, just keep it away from your paint and get a good quality brand of the chemical. I find my windows only get stuck in extreme low temperatures (the doors do this also).

It snowed here Sunday I think it was. We had at least 1/2" on the ground. There were a few flurries coming down when I got out of class this morning too. Gonna have to bust out the snow tires an a few weeks!

Try coating your window tracks and "fuzzies" with petroleum jelly. I've heard it works well on the rubber door seals as well, to keep your doors from freezing. I haven't broken any door handles yet pulling frozen doors open, but I would rather not start, either. I'm in ND, so we know a little about cold weather too. Then use the rest of the petroleum on your enemies' windshield wipers, haven't tried it, but it sounds like it makes quite a mess :twisted:

Petroleum anything and rubber are not a good mix. Where were you in sex ed? :wink: They tell you to not use petroleum jelly and rubbers there.

Petroleum products will soften and eat away the rubber. Try silicone grease instead. The "dielectric tuneup grease" should work.