Broken strut mounting bolt...

SilverZ34

I noticed that one of three bolts on the front strut mounting plate snapped off. Its completely gone too....its missing, there's just a hole there now. How the hell do you replace it? Do I have to take off the whole front strut assembly?

I noticed that one of three bolts on the front strut mounting plate snapped off. Its completely gone too....its missing, there's just a hole there now. How the hell do you replace it? Do I have to take off the whole front strut assembly?

Yeah, you will have to replace that top strut mounting plate. And you need a set of spring copressors to do that. Just compress the spring, unbolt the strut nut that holds on that plate and slap on the new sucker and your set. Its a lil more coplicated then all that but thats the jist of the job. On the other hand you may be able to replace just the bolt, but I dont know if thats possible.

Are you sure it's just a bolt? I seem to remember it being a stud that's welded to the upper mount.

I can check during the weekend, as I have a spare set of knuckles and upper strut mounts that I left at our old house.