• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• 88 PACE CAR

Notice the non-A/C heater control, no radio, no speakers. It still has the 1988 dash with the Hughes HUD. And the fact that it's been redone to look like a 1992 International.

1988 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS CONVERTIBLE, GOLD, QUAD-4, 4-CYLINDER, 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, ROLL BAR, FUEL CELL, 4-POINT SEATBELTS, FIRE EXTINGUISHER SYSTEM, STROBE LIGHTS, VIN# 1G3WM14W3JD300029

VIN 1G3WM14W3JD300029

Year/Make/Model: 1988 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME

Body Style: COUPE

Engine Type: 2.8L V6 FI

Manufactured In: UNITED STATES

Search Results: 0 records found in our database

this would be vehicle number 29 off the assembly line then, Wouldn't it???

This would be the 28th CS vin assigned, rather, as this is a hand built car.

I think this proves that the 92+ body was designed at the same time as the 88-91 body, much like some discussion regarding the new Camaro having several different appearances... supposedly the look of the Camaro being released is not as good as some of the prototypes, and the nicer looking prototypes may prove to be the next facelift revision for the camaro!!!

The seats also look like the 92-93 style leather Aq9s, but I need a closer look to say that with certainty...

and lip tails and the hood grill??? thats NUTS!!!!

Manic? hell anyone... that hood grill resembles what???

5350 W. LAKEVIEW PARKWAY, SOUTH DRIVE

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46268

address!!!!

Preview Dates: On site preview is available on two separate dates: Thursday, May 22nd and Monday, June 2nd, from 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

I AM FING THERE!!!!! I DON'T WORK THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIN 1G3WM14W3JD300029

Year/Make/Model: 1988 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME

Body Style: COUPE

Engine Type: 2.8L V6 FI

Manufactured In: UNITED STATES

Search Results: 0 records found in our database

this would be vehicle number 28 off the assembly line then, Wouldn't it???

Yes, it would. It would make sense there are no records as the car has likely never been titled or registered. I'm still fuzzy on "WM14." Pace Car replicars were "WR14."

manic, I want to talk to you! call me.

otherwise... of those first 100 vins you have for 88... try the missing ones with this new coding! and I would like to know what you have for those, since I have lost my database.

No minutes...And though carfax doesn't say that the VIN is invalid, I doubt anything will come up.

I disagree. I think we have postulated that if we tried a car that had NO possible combos, you would get an invalid VIN response. I presume that at least one car with this vin must exist in the records for this model year.

example 1: try this 88 vin as an 89 model year car, and it may come up as an invalid vin.

example 2: try a 1990 vert vin, sub a 1988 model year code, and you should get an invalid vin.

can you give me the data on the first 100 1988 car that you have?

:thumb: research time.

I realized one thing... Rob said to me on the phone that this car has a Quad 4. but the vin says 2.8. ROB... do you have data you didn't share with us?

What you guys arent calculating is the fact that the sequential numbers arent neccesarily part of the same series. They used to be, but not anymore for example if we were talking about 1999 Intrigues here;

1G3WT5XHFY1 000001 that would be the first production Intrigue, but say the Alero plant in Lansing cranked out 1 Alero and the Orion plant in Michigan built an Aurora before the Next Intrigue got finished so the second Intrigue would be

1G3WT5HXFY1 000004

thats why when you call the dealership and ask for parts they only as you the last six of your vin #

that specific number will tell them its a 1999 arctic Intrigue GL with cloth graphite interior and an LX-5.

To complicate things even more Grand Prixs and Intrigues came off the same assembly line in different order.

General consensus says that this car will probably sell for $10,000-$15,000 price range.

For the record this car is better than the original pace car. Other than the color combo the 1993 and up body style pwns the 1988 body.

The ad SAYS it has a Quad 4...I'm betting the actual 1988 Indy Pace Cars have a W as well.

my own self PWNAGE. FTL!!! :lol: :redface:

What you guys arent calculating is the fact that the sequential numbers arent neccesarily part of the same series.

Not in this case.

As evidenced from slices of VINs taken from the noraml part of the production run is that the all the serial numbers are from CSs (ie 97 of 100 in a given run come up as CSs, and the 3 others do not exist at all)

Even during the era when CSs and GPs were built contemporaneously in Fairfax, you could have a cs and a gp with he same serial number ie: both having SF303606 (there is a gp out there with the same last 8 as my 95 fairfax built sedan)

sorry, no cigar rob.