Solid rubber motor mounts

jmoore4294

check it before you leave the store though. I specified like 9 times that I wanted a solid rubber one. I was putting everything together, grabbed it out of the box, and guess what, it was a fluid filled one :cussing:

I've gotten two different ones from NAPA listed as "solid"... neither was. The first one I got I thought was solid, but after hearing what some members here had also gotten, I gave it a little shake and sure enough, I could hear hydraulic fluid in it. The second one I got looked just like the GM mount and definitely had fluid in it. The first one did look stronger though.

For what engine?

If this is for a 3x00 then be careful, a ton of the NAPA solid motor mounts are made INCORRECTLY! They are about an inch shorter than they should be. Some of the newer GP guys figured this out... AFTER I installed the mount on my car. It hasn't caused any problems however...

I got some from autozone today. Well, ordered them anyway. They had some listed for hydraulic, and some that weren't listed as hydraulic. I bought Westars.

Westar Motor Mount EM-2676 1 $40.99

Westar Motor Mount EM-2555S 1 $37.99

Westar Trans Mount EM-2712S 1 $37.99

Total came to $125.16 for what should be 3 solid mounts.

I bought my solid rubber 3.4 mount from autozone, the clerk had to do a bunch of searching to find it for whatever reason, i love mine however and it was cheaper then the fluid filled one.

I got some from autozone today. Well, ordered them anyway. They had some listed for hydraulic, and some that weren't listed as hydraulic. I bought Westars.

Hmmm never heard of that brand before......

Hmmm never heard of that brand before......

Its the other option that can be ordered in when the Anchor / Duralast isnt available.. Westar is a VDP item for them, so its only been available for about a year or so..

i got mine from napa, i got the pn off the web site. i shook it and i guess i got lucky. I remeber it was the one labeled funny like "not intended for road use" or something like that.

Got them in today. Funny story to tell.

So I had $121 in my PayPal account from a refund for a wheel that apparently the company never had. So anyway, if anybody knows, paypal has a "virtual debit card" type thing now known as the "paypal plug-in" It creates a one time use MasterCard credit card number so you can buy from sites that don't use paypal, but you use your paypal account balance. The total came out to $125 and some change, and my normal bank account was set as a back-up funding source. So I use the paypal plugin to buy the mounts from autozone and instead of using my bank account as a backup, I had an over-drawn paypal account of $4. A couple days later, I saw that PayPal had denied the payment to autozone, and put the $121 back into my account, and I look on the order status page on autozone's website, and it says, THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH AUTOZONE, YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED. It has a delivery confirmation number and everything, and today, on schedule they show up at my door. So I got all my mounts for free because of an error made by PayPal. Pretty cool huh?

Anyway, these Westar mounts seem to be of decent quality. They are solid rubber, no hydraulic fluid slushing around or anything. It even came with a Preview CD of AllData.

that chargeback deal that paypal did MIGHT come back at you. I would call them up and see what's up. You don't want autozone to give the info to a collections agency.

How hard is it to change the motor mounts? I have a garage, floor jack, jack stands (4). I always thought I needed a metal brace that sits on the top of the motor to hold it up? True?

I Need A New Motor Mount BAD!. I'll Probably Do The Trans Too, Although It Is Ok. Solid Rubber Is What I'll Get Too. Any Write Ups On This Replacement?

All you need to replace the lower motor mount is a floor jack and a piece of wood.

Adam, the stock tranny mounts are solid rubber from the factory. Chances are its not bad though.