leaking oil

meltboy1

I recently noticed an oil leak in the TGP.. I never noticed this before my oil change. It is NOT leaking from the drain plug it appears to be on the passenger side, but I can't tell exactly where, maybe the filter, but I thought I got that on there good. I have not had a chance to really get under it and look at it yet. But what my question is is that I went to synthetic on my last change about 1500 miles ago.. Q-horsepower to be exact. Could this be the cause of the leak or is it just coincidence. I have heard that sometimes synthetic will leak where regular won't,.. is that true?

I recently noticed an oil leak in the TGP.. I never noticed this before my oil change. It is NOT leaking from the drain plug it appears to be on the passenger side, but I can't tell exactly where, maybe the filter, but I thought I got that on there good. I have not had a chance to really get under it and look at it yet. But what my question is is that I went to synthetic on my last change about 1500 miles ago.. Q-horsepower to be exact. Could this be the cause of the leak or is it just coincidence. I have heard that sometimes synthetic will leak where regular won't,.. is that true?

Passenger side front corner? Same thing happened to me, turns out my oil pressure sensor was leaking, just replace the sensor and everything should be fine. I believe the sensor is right below the oil filter iirc.

Synthetic has better 'flow' characteristics than Dino oil. Therefore, if you had a small leak with Dino oil, it will become a Large leak with synthetic.

All in all, synthetic is much better than Dino oil.

Common leaks on a TGP:

oil return line goes bad and will leak oil

oil pump drive seal gone bad

Have you replaced either of these yet?

Although if it were the oil pump drive seal, wouldn't his leak be coming from further back in the engine on the drivers side? I'd say check the oil return line or the pressure sensor.

Definitely check the return line.. I hate that mess of hoses down there in my of my block, makes finding leaks a nightmare between the supply/return lines and the oil cooler/filter.