Factory cd player

Doc

I have a 93 cutlass with cd and streering controls and the player is not working. Any ideas on how to fix it or how to put in a aftermarket and still use the streering controls.

After much stonewalling I have come to the sad conclusion that anyone who knows anything about these CD players guards that knowledge like it is the "Ark of the Covenant". I know that there is at least one person here who knows a thing or two about getting them working, but he isn't talking :rolleyes:

So needless to say a little over a year ago I drooped some $250 on having http://www.corvetteradios.com rebuild my factory cd player, to date it still works perfect, so take that for what it is worth :neutral:

To use an aftermarket unit with your steering wheel controls, you'd need an interface to allow the controls to work with the unit. You can find them on Crutchfield or whatnot. Just look up your model year and everything in their What Fits My Car, and find the interface in the CD Player installation section.

Kef

damn as much as i like factory i dont think i would be willing to spend 250 for a 17 year old stereo

This is exactly why my cd player has never been repaired. Plus I love my wheel controls. I'd switch the unit out for a newer Delco one if I knew for sure one would interchange with the wheel controls.

damn as much as i like factory i dont think i would be willing to spend 250 for a 17 year old stereo

This is exactly why my cd player has never been repaired. Plus I love my wheel controls. I'd switch the unit out for a newer Delco one if I knew for sure one would interchange with the wheel controls.

To use an aftermarket unit with your steering wheel controls, you'd need an interface to allow the controls to work with the unit. You can find them on Crutchfield or whatnot. Just look up your model year and everything in their What Fits My Car, and find the interface in the CD Player installation section.

You don't have to be stuck with factory headunits to still use your controls.

Kef