Solution for rear window weatherstrip issue.

jake63

As stated above, on gmpartsdirect.com, they are $39.27 a side under "door" then "door and components" then "belt w strip" and there's an illustration. It states that they are for 93-02 camaro.

As for the thank you's I'm glad I could help. It's a shame we cant get stuff for these convertibles, they are the coolest 4 passenger convertibles newer than the seventies IMO and you can actually drive them around without needing a small business loan to buy gas.

You can find them here

So what your saying is you dont know the part # only a place to find said part.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94 olds vert

• jake63

• MemphisMan

• xennith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also bought some of these off a camaro at my local junk yard. I haven't put them on yet since I couldn't figure out how to get the trim piece off. They look like they'll work perfectly. Can you do anything to keep them from cracking in the future?

Thanks for posting this, it gives me hope for mine. I'm a little nervous to tackle some of this stuff myself.

Yeah, I've heard put Vaseline on them so they won't dry out or crack.

I have some OEM weather stripping that is in near perfect shape. But taking off that trim piece is something I don't wanna do.

I know there are 3 8mm bolts that you have to reach to get from inside the trunk. Then there is one screw behind the black metal cover. You will see it when you open the door. On the B pillar.

• 2 months later...

Did you have any trouble with gaps? I have a small one on the passenger side but the driver's side is pretty big. they look great but aren't anymore functional than the old cracked ones. lol.

post-6042-143689072875_thumb.jpg

post-6042-143689072888_thumb.jpg

Edited by xennith

the bolts are 9mm. put the top all the way up and lay on your back in the trunk to reach the three nuts or you can reach them from the side but the last one is a stretch. also its easier if you take off the carpeted covers over the trunk lid hinges. THEN... be careful pulling it off, it should have 2 sided tape between the rivets. I pulled gently and sliced it with a razor.

After those are off I put the top down so the small back window was down out of the way when you drill out the old rivets and like mentioned before its still a good idea to put something between the drill and the glass. I used 3/16 rivets, just had to drill out a little extra.

Just checked gmpartsdirect and the price has gone up. For the left side, it is up to 51.41 and 48.55 for the right. Can anyone post the total length of the part? Can you get two pieces out of one part? I can buy two of the right side part to have a little cost savings and cut them and apply, right?

• 4 weeks later...

In general, are the 93-02 f-body exterior window wipes of a higher quality than the stock wipes? My thinking is that the stock wipes were supplied by Cars and Concepts and were of lower quality than rubber on the rest of the car which is why they are all dry rotted.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go ahead and replace my stock ones with NEW f-body wipes while my stock ones are still undamaged. Thoughts?

In general, are the 93-02 f-body exterior window wipes of a higher quality than the stock wipes? My thinking is that the stock wipes were supplied by Cars and Concepts and were of lower quality than rubber on the rest of the car which is why they are all dry rotted.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go ahead and replace my stock ones with NEW f-body wipes while my stock ones are still undamaged. Thoughts?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

But history shows that the stock wipes WILL break. They'll have to be changed out eventually so why not just save the originals if it's not that hard of a job to swap them?

Swapping them is easy. They will go bad it's just a fact. I replaced mine and I cannot be happier. The F body ones are better. The rubber in the factory ones rots. Then the action of the top going up and down tears it apart.

I am about to do the same. Got mine from RockAuto. How in the world MemphisMan has managed to have wipes still in good condition boggles my mind. Lucky for you Memphis. Mine are in absolutely terrible shape. If the car was always garaged or covered it may have helped quite a bit I suppose and I have started covering my car as my garage is still too full of junk to fit it in there. :(

I have had mine for 7-8 years (1 missed summer) and put 25K miles on it in that time. It already had 115K miles on it when I got it. (That's almost 10K, 186K and now 211K km to me). No wonder his looks showroom new in the photos. Mine is getting back in that direction slowly but will never be that good.

I'm at 9760 right now. I took delivery of the car on September 8th of last year. I wanted to be below 10k miles for my one year anniversary, but this weekend is going to be perfect convertible weather, so it's not going to happen. :dance:

This time last year, mine was showroom new.

You've got a good looking vert there from what I can see. I like that color interior.

This time last year, mine was showroom new.

Did you document the story behind this car somewhere? I thought N.O.S. just meant that you restored it as if it was, I never would have dreamed an entire car would be. What incredible fortune to find that!