Cams anyone use this one From GM??

Jeorge

Applicable to all 1980-94 Chevrolet 60º V6 (2.8-liter & 3.1-liter) engines, this performance-oriented camshaft kit is designed to significantly improve mid-range torque and horsepower without sacrificing idle quality. The basic RPM range is 1500-4500 with 6500 RPM attainable using proper valve springs. Cruise RPM is designed for 2200-2600 RPM, and a compression ratio of 8.0-9.5 to 1 is recommended. This kit is not legal for pollution-controlled vehicles. This camshaft kit is designed and manufactured by Crane Camshaft Co.® for GM Service Parts Division. The kit includes (1) camshaft and (12) tappets. The duration at .050 lift (intake/exhaust) is 204º/216º, while the value lift is .427"/.454". Lobe centerline is 112.

I was wondering if this would improve the Cars Preformance at all??

I looked on the Crane cams website at

http://www.cranecams.com/master/apps/chevy1.htm

the cam itself is #4 and seems to be a pretty decent cam and the site states that it would be good for mild turbocharging, probably because of the 112 degrees of lobe separation. I searched for the cam on summit and it was like $159.95, and then I searched for the cam and lifter kit and it was $149.95. Which makes no sense to just to just buy the cam for $159.95 when you can get the cam and the lifters too for $149.95.

How much did GM want for this setup???

Yeah thats from gmpartsdirect. and I just wanted to know if anyone has this one? because I want a Different cam in my STE one where I can have Jeff put a 6500 Redline insted of the 5500 one