Ghetto Paint Booth ::UPDATE:: Final pix! - LOUVERS!

EviLette

Actually, if i EVER get married, that is going to be one of my requirements. He has to be into cars enough to want to tear down and rebuild some shit with me.

Oh, here come the proposals...wouldn't it be funny to have a W-body Forum wedding?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EviLette

• Brian P

• Addicted to eaton

• AWeb80

Actually, if i EVER get married, that is going to be one of my requirements. He has to be into cars enough to want to tear down and rebuild some shit with me.

Oh, here come the proposals...wouldn't it be funny to have a W-body Forum wedding?

Hah. Um. No. I mean, yeah, funny, but no, that's not gonna happen.

Anyways, this thread is way, WAY off topic. Has been for a while, kind of frustrating me actually.

But here. Something to go back ON topic. New Pix. I have louvers. :D

blah060.jpg

:jumpalot:

Yes, I'm very happy!

Sorry if I missed it, did you paint the louvers as well?

Everything looks great! Your car is lucky to have you, lol

Jamie

They were black, but I scuffed 'em down and shot them really quick just for the hell of it.. make 'em look a bit better I guess. They had a few nicks in the paint.

The hard part was finding enough screws of the proper size to get them firmly attached to each other though the holes. :willynilly: My dad came in handy there, he's an elf with a garage full of odds and ends sizes of bolts, washers, nuts, but now I know why! LOL

Sorry about the crummy picture, I actually had to brighten it up a bit. It was storming like crazy, and I'd had to run to get my kitties some food from Petsmart, so I was flying back on the highway praying that the hail held off.

It did, hoping nothing bad happens today with the weather. Damnit I wish I had a covered garage at work to park in. Lame.... as much as they pay us.. erm

Anyways. Thanks guys... I know this car is lucky to have me, just another one of those things I say to her when I'm working on her to remind her who is whose bitch. LOL

Looks Awesome.. your car looks MAD lol!

I want people to look in the rear view mirror and say "oh shi*, I better get out of the way, that car looks MEAN." :)

Nice legs. Love the paint job, too!

Leave my legs out of this! :willynilly:

This thread leg humps more than my dog!

leghump.gif

Guys... come on now... leave the poor girl alone... you've had 6 pages of fun, she asked for it to stop a couple pages ago.....

Jamie

blah060.jpg

Yes, I'm very happy!

looks great! always liked how cars look when they are wet and freshly waxed! too bad you couldnt get some TGP louvers......*sigh* cant win em all!

May 10th is coming up! you can start showing her (or him) off!

blah060.jpg

Yes, I'm very happy!

looks great! always liked how cars look when they are wet and freshly waxed! too bad you couldnt get some TGP louvers......*sigh* cant win em all!

It's a Her, though she still hasn't told me her name. I just call her my black bitch (LOL!). And BTW, that wasn't fresh waxed. Haven't waxed it since last um... sunday? or was it the weak before. :redface: I'm slacking off. I wash and wax the car once a week, except for the hood which gets waxed about once a month, since its a pain in the ass (being the lack of clearcoat and all...)

TGP louvers wouldn't have done me any good without the TGP hood... and I'll still find one someday. This car isn't done, she will not ever be done because I will still baby her and work on her, even if its just to wipe the dust off. "Work in Progress" and I love it!

WOW! Honest to God I didn't even read anything past the first set of pictures you posted...but you got it. Damn nice job on your painting skills!

LOL It's cool. The compliments boost my self esteem, god knows my self esteem needs all the help it can get... But complimenting the paint work, or the reflection of the paint does more for my confidence than anything else. I love the looks I get from people at twilight after a fresh buff, the car just freaking glows from the combination of waxes and polishes I use.

For those of you who don't realize it... though some of you probably feel this way too... my car is an extension of myself. I live and breathe for this car, as sappy as it sounds, and as lame as it is for being a baseline model. I had a rough road getting this car, and I've been down a pretty rocky trail in keeping it on the road at times... But i don't feel guilty, and I'm not ashamed (especially not anymore with those panels fixed) for all the work I've done to it, because it makes ME feel great about MYSELF when I can step back and look at it and say, "hot DAMN that is one sexy car."

I do that every time I hit the lock button on the key fob and walk away. And it's a whole lot worse now with that side fixed.. louvers... fogs... I'll have a valence on it before too long, my friend is just sitting on it waiting for me to get the money rounded up for it. He wouldn't sell it to anyone else because he knows how special this car is to me.

So when people laugh at me, tell me I'm crazy for putting this much time and effort into a GP...

I ask them... "If you had a car... that you maintained for two and a half years, while it was running 8.5lbs of oil pressure AT FULL THROTTLE... that you ran hard... every day... and it never gave you a problem... wouldn't you be a whole lot more appreciative of the car?" And that's how I feel.

Some people believe that vehicles have "spirits" or something. I'm kind of strange, I feel that any inanimate object, if given enough care and attention, will end up with some kind of residual whatever you want to call it. I think this Pontiac I have is spirited, and she loves me. She likes to fight with me, but deep down, this car "knows" that if it were in any other hands, it would have been totaled out or scrapped a long time ago. It should have been totaled a couple years back when I got backed into and pushed (while in drive) and it finished trashing the transmission... but I said NO, I won't total the car.

Every time something has broken, I've cussed and pissed and moaned, then fixed it. When my mechanic told me my abs was out, I cried. I seriously cried. And it's not the first time I've cried because of this car. It won't be the last.

Back to the point... People have given me a hard time for the effort i put into the car. I tell them to take a look at the odometer, then talk. I've had people tell me I was full of shit when I mentioned that it has almost 200k on it. Nobody believes it, until they see the odometer and all the idiot lights on because of just being that old... lol

Long story short. I do whatever I can to make the car LOOK better with what I have readiliy accessible... and what I can't do myself mechanically, I will have done, to be sure that it's done. I can't stand the thought of neglecting this car, though I have at times in the past... and woke up having nightmares because of it.

I think I'm probably more singuarly attached to this car than most people could ever imagine. She really is part of me. It's just a car, right? Wrong. It's my baby.

She's my baby, and I will keep her alive. :)

I'm gonna go play WoW now. :leaving:

I musta missed something... what is the significance of May 10th?

Jamie

Kansas City Meetup. :) I'm going, since I'm in Wichita, only 3 hours from there.

didn't know you got louvers.....we need to switch sizes...LOL

I have yours and you have mine...

no...i'm not gonna switch....LOL

can't wait to see it in KC

didn't know you got louvers.....we need to switch sizes...LOL

I have yours and you have mine...

no...i'm not gonna switch....LOL

can't wait to see it in KC

That is the most singularly cruel thing anyone has done to me in a long time.

Will you marry me? LOL

Anyways, keep up the good work on the car. I feel the same way about it really, cars do end up with a soul extension of its owner/lover/partner in crime. My TGP, althou brought back from the dead, and almost transplanted into a J-body (shame the thought), she just keeps going, and has served me very well. She lets me know that she is getting old, but she never fails to start at the first turn of the key. One day, when I can afford it, I will do it right, and get the body straightened out in a few areas, a little bit of body filler, and alot of good paint, and real clear coat.

One sexy GP, and owner :biggrin:

Will you marry me? LOL

Aren't you already married?! :bonk:

For now. My wife and I are in a real tuff situation, and the D-word has shown its head a couple times.