Air Conditioning charge points

shadow

I cannot find 1 or 2 charging points on the car? I see the one with the black cap but where is the other? This is a 90 TGP. Is the black the lo side btw? Thanks

Chris

you aren't gona be able to charge it unless it's been converted or you can get your hands on the old R12 I think it was...

yeah I gonna try one of those R13 conversion systems since I have had success with them on prior cars.

Haha!

Best not doing R12. It's illegal and hasn't been made in 13 years!

That means it will be hard to find and incredibly expensive!

EDIT: So I say something other than "you're screwed!".

Flush ALL the fluid out and replace it with r134a.

There is a lower charge point right next to the turbo.. you have to look way down there and you will see it pointing toward the turbo. The other is on top and in the open.

I suggest you replace the O-rings on your AC system so it doesn't leak, then have it vacuumed down. After that, add a few ounces of PAG oil and 2-3 cans of R-134A and your AC will be ICE cold. I did exactly that to my TGP last summer and on a 90* day, it got the interior temperature down to 42*.

There is a lower charge point right next to the turbo.. you have to look way down there and you will see it pointing toward the turbo. The other is on top and in the open.

I suggest you replace the O-rings on your AC system so it doesn't leak, then have it vacuumed down. After that, add a few ounces of PAG oil and 2-3 cans of R-134A and your AC will be ICE cold. I did exactly that to my TGP last summer and on a 90* day, it got the interior temperature down to 42*.

I cant find the one on top where is it? I see one lower though.

It is right next to the other one, only this one is higher up and it points straight upward.

Do I have to remove wiring or anything under the turbo because I looked really hard and didn't see one pointing to the turbo.

And its NOT illegal. You just have to have a license to buy it.

QFT.

And, I don't understand why nobody wants to convert their cars to 134A. It isn't that big of a deal.

And, I don't understand why nobody wants to convert their cars to 134A. It isn't that big of a deal.

x2.. I've never noticed a huge difference between R12 and 134a.

Only difference Ive noticed is R12 is much colder.

Are you going by "feel" or actual measurements? The typical difference is so minute, that a human cannot discern the difference. If you could actually feel a difference, chances are something isn't operating 100% and causing reduced performance.

the difference is quite large actually. I believe the output from the vent is 5 to 10* colder with R12. You can convert a R12 system to R134 because they run on at the same ambient temperature and internal pressures.

x2.. I've never noticed a huge difference between R12 and 134a.

QFT. :high5: