I hate plastic. (New Pictures! 01/08 - Page 12)

xtremerevolution

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• slick

• CSI_MuNkY

• AWeb80

Not even going to read any of this thread until we have pics!!!

x2

This sounds like a pretty retarded project, but there's a slim chance after I see the pics that I might think otherwise...maybe.

Not even going to read any of this thread until we have pics!!!

x2

This sounds like a pretty retarded project, but there's a slim chance after I see the pics that I might think otherwise...maybe.

Bitches.

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

Its roomy back there.

My cousin and I were joking around saying we should put the amps where the seat bottoms used to be and make a bed so your feet slide into the trunk. That way if you gets horny with your girlfriend during a long drive, you could pull over, move the seats up, get in the bed/back of the car, and loop a low frequency bass test... :willynilly:

I'll probably just flip the amps facing inward and cover everything with sound insulation and some more of the carpeting that's on the amp board.

Being that I have seen a w-body with NO interior in it (mine) these pics don't make up my mind... I'll hold out giving an opinion till you have done something back there to not make it look like unfinished ass... But the bottom line, I think, is that by the time you throw in your new sound deadener and carpet, you might as well of left the old stuff in there, weight wise... I will save my opinions on how it will look...

Jamie

Being that I have seen a w-body with NO interior in it (mine) these pics don't make up my mind... I'll hold out giving an opinion till you have done something back there to not make it look like unfinished ass... But the bottom line, I think, is that by the time you throw in your new sound deadener and carpet, you might as well of left the old stuff in there, weight wise... I will save my opinions on how it will look...

Jamie

I'm not just trying to save weight here. I have too much free time on my hands, I don't want seats in the back of my car, and I'm the only one driving it since I've got the Bonneville GXP now. Its quite that simple. I don't know how great it will look by the time I'm done, but I'm fairly sure that pad-type sound deadener and carpeting will weigh a lot less than the seats and plastic paneling combined. Will it be worth it just for the weight savings? Probably not. But this way I can have the amps facing the inside of the car, and if you don't mind, I think they're one sexy set of amps.

IMG_0655.jpg

They light up blue when turned on too...

Did you not have bucket seats back there? they weigh nothing, its a 3" piece of foam with a piece of stamped sheet metal in it....

I will go out after dinner and snap some pics of the panel I have behind the bucket seats, I just used spray on contact cement to carpet it with sub box carpet (black)

Jamie

Did you not have bucket seats back there? they weigh nothing, its a 3" piece of foam with a piece of stamped sheet metal in it....

I will go out after dinner and snap some pics of the panel I have behind the bucket seats, I just used spray on contact cement to carpet it with sub box carpet (black)

Jamie

I did have rear bucket seats. The back panel and center console weighed a bit when I took them out.

But like I said, I don't want seats back there. Just a whole lot of room to carry shit around, and to be able to see the amps from inside the car. What's the point in getting 3 nice amps if you never get to see them?

For the record, I did notice an increase in acceleration when I took everything out of the back.

Displaying audio equipment is a good way to get it stolen.

x2 Ive learned that lesson too many times, even with an alarm system on my car, shit still gets stolen.

At least he doesn't have decals from all the audio companies on every window... I love seeing that, its basically a check list for a thief...

Tinted windows FTMFW! once night falls your hard pressed to see in my car... so if someone steals my stereo equipment, I have their face print on the windows!!

Jamie

x2 Ive learned that lesson too many times, even with an alarm system on my car, shit still gets stolen.

Tinted windows FTMFW!

Tinted windows isn't a cure-all. Hell even bumping your subs around your home is a good way to get it stolen. I know every car in my building that has a system because it's impossible not to notice loud bass at 2 in the morning. Not that I want to steal their shit but for some nefarious characters it wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Had it stolen once. Now I live in a neighborhood where nobody would even come near my car.

My apartment is the barn's quarters on a retired farm. The barn was turned into a garage, and I park my car 3 feet away from my apartment door. I have a Viper 5900 Alarm System as well. The only time I could get it stolen would be at work, which is a fairly large corporate building with security cameras in the parking garages. My job is in a good area as well, with very low crime rates.

good way to get money from the insurance company 2 lol

x2

You pay $600 for the equipment at cost, and they cover it at $1200 retail price. You end up with $600 of pocket change.

Tinted windows isn't a cure-all. Hell even bumping your subs around your home is a good way to get it stolen. I know every car in my building that has a system because it's impossible not to notice loud bass at 2 in the morning. Not that I want to steal their shit but for some nefarious characters it wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Where I live, I'm more worried about getting bitten by misquitos than getting my car stereo stolen. Seriously, my alarm will wake the whole damn neighborhood, and like I said, I park 3 feet from my apartment door, which is also a studio. When it rains even the slightest bit, I can hear it outside.

I also have dark tints on the rear and lighter tints on the front side windows.

Getting this sound system stolen is the not something I'm particularly worried about.

Well, I'm glad that you're fortunate enough to live/work in a good area. Just trying to give you some advice. Just because a person can afford to live in a nice area doesn't automatically mean they're not a thief.

Anyways good luck on the project.

x2 i know how you feel. I doubt someone would ever steel it. Infact i only know of one of my friends that had something stole. And that was a kicker SL7.. He was claning his blazer and went with his dad somewere (left the blazers hatch open. Came back about 2 hours later and it went Bye Bye. Btw me love ur bonnie :)

lol, well in that case it was your friends own fault, lol. I live in a similar area to xtreme, I doubt anyone around here would steal my stuff, but non the less if I'm out working on the car and just have to go in to take a piss, everything gets loaded into the car and locked...

As for "advertising" what you have by playing loud music, just be respectable and you will be fine... mine gets turned down before I pull in to the neighborhood, or if I'm going to be at a street light for a bit, I turn it down then. And at super late hours of the night, the only time I have the subs turned up is on the highway, where there are sound barricades between me and any residential areas.

Jamie

lol, well in that case it was your friends own fault, lol. I live in a similar area to xtreme, I doubt anyone around here would steal my stuff, but non the less if I'm out working on the car and just have to go in to take a piss, everything gets loaded into the car and locked...

As for "advertising" what you have by playing loud music, just be respectable and you will be fine... mine gets turned down before I pull in to the neighborhood, or if I'm going to be at a street light for a bit, I turn it down then. And at super late hours of the night, the only time I have the subs turned up is on the highway, where there are sound barricades between me and any residential areas.

Jamie

Excellent ideology. I also don't blast my bass in my neighborhood.

My neighborhood isn't particularly rich; I mean I pay $600 a month for rent. Its just a generally safe area to be in, and I have the convenience of being on a farm where nobody would really bother to come around. It has a very big driveway, so my car isn't parked on the street.

me.jpg

If a cat so much as meows outside, I hear it. Its quite a nice bit of security being able to park 3 feet from your door. Makes for getting in and out really quick.

P.S. I labeled that myself. :biggrin:

Well, I'm glad that you're fortunate enough to live/work in a good area. Just trying to give you some advice. Just because a person can afford to live in a nice area doesn't automatically mean they're not a thief.

Anyways good luck on the project.

I know what you mean. Its more of a being secluded in farmland area deal than being in a rich area. There just aren't bad people around here.

The only thing I'd be remotely worried about is parking at work, but then again, working in a twin-20 foot tower corporate building for an insurance company, there are always much much much nicer cars parked around me. I'd be the last person anyone would go after in that parking structure.

there are always much much much nicer cars parked around me. I'd be the last person anyone would go after in that parking structure.

x2 The neighborhood I live in is all BMW's Mercedes Lexus, all the high end cars. Only way I can afford to pay rent ($822/month) in this area is to own a w-body, lol, but I wouldn't trade my w for the world, well maybe the world... :Yikes_anim:

Jamie

there are always much much much nicer cars parked around me. I'd be the last person anyone would go after in that parking structure.

x2 The neighborhood I live in is all BMW's Mercedes Lexus, all the high end cars. Only way I can afford to pay rent ($822/month) in this area is to own a w-body, lol, but I wouldn't trade my w for the world, well maybe the world... :Yikes_anim:

Jamie

Well the world is full of very nice w-bodies. :biggrin:

anyways...

Anyone care to point me in the right direction in finding some pad-type sound insulation? By pad-type, I mean similar to the cushions people put under their carpet, or the stuff that was glued to the back of my plastic panels, but in much larger sizes. I'll just buy the carpet from home depot because its nice carpet (the kind I used on the amp board), its extremely light, and its dirt cheap.

Also, what kind of glue would I use to glue the padding to the car and the carpet to the padding?