Fuel leaking out of plastic fuel line going to intake

outatime

I have a 96 regal 3.8 N/A. There are two fuel lines going to the intake. One in the back and one in the front. The one in the back is leaking by where it is clipped on. Does anybody have a part number so I can replace that line? Or if you don't have a part number maybe a suggestion on how to replace it? I know the plastic line connects to the metal line but I'm not sure how to get it off.

I did call the buick dealership and they gave me a part number of 10742820. They also said it had been disconnected.

If it is only leaking at the fuel rail connection you probably just need new o-rings.

There are two o-rings in each plastic fuel line fitting so you will need 2 large and 2 small o-rings.

The rear fuel line is the supply line and uses the larger of the o-rings in the kit.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber=27478&PartType=1405&PTSet=A

Edit:This is the only write up about replacing fuel line o-rings I can find.

Your fuel line connectors are plastic and release when you squeeze the two translucent tabs together and pull up on the connector. The translucent retainer stays in the steel fuel line and the plastic connector and line slides off.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3076805&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=o%2Dring&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#3076805

I have a 96 regal 3.8 N/A. There are two fuel lines going to the intake. One in the back and one in the front. The one in the back is leaking by where it is clipped on. Does anybody have a part number so I can replace that line? Or if you don't have a part number maybe a suggestion on how to replace it? I know the plastic line connects to the metal line but I'm not sure how to get it off.

I did call the buick dealership and they gave me a part number of 10742820. They also said it had been disconnected.

This may be a weird question, but is that pulling your fuel mileage down at all?

• 2 years later...

I appreciate the help but this is not what my lines look like. I know you know what they look like judging from your description but the lines in the pictures of the pontiac don't look the same.

no, 96 has a series 2.

if the lines are anything like the one's on the l27 then you just unbolt them from the fuel rail and there should be another spot further back where you can unbolt it. the lines aren't plastic, they're actually rubber with a plastic piece wrapped over them. the rubber part doesn't come apart from the metal piece that bolts to the fuel rail. I'm not sure if that confused you or not but it sounds like it did.

If it's leaking at the connections then replace the o-rings, but if the rubber hose itself is leaking then you need to replace those entire pieces.

Edited by BS009
spelling

no, 96 has a series 2.

if the lines are anything like the one's on the l27 then you just unbolt them from the fuel rail and there should be another spot further back where you can unbolt it. the lines aren't plastic, they're actually rubber with a plastic piece wrapped over them. the rubber part doesn't come apart from the metal piece that bolts to the fuel rail. I'm not sure if that confused you or not but it sounds like it did.

If it's leaking at the connections then replace the o-rings, but if the rubber hose itself is leaking then you need to replace those entire pieces.

OK I'll see if I can get the orings at the dealer. Thanks for the help.

BTW nice pickup. I need to find something like that in Dallas Area.

no, 96 has a series 2.

OK I tried the dealer and I can't get the o rings by themselves I have to buy the entire line. So does anybody know what size the o rings are ?

I wouldn't replace the whole piece unless it's in bad shape. I'm not sure on the size, but you should just be able to run to autozone or lowe's or something and pick up a couple of o-rings by themselves. I try to avoid buying anything from the dealer because they're way over-priced.

• 1 month later...
you can replace just the end of the line pretty easily ..lookng at about 8 bucks!

Where can I get this at ? The dealer only has the entire line. It's been a while since i went up there and priced it but I think it was around $75.

I tried replacing them with just some generic o rings from the parts store. That worked for a week or so and started leaking again. I ordered the orings through buick and should have them any day.

This is not what mine looks like. When I took it apart and replaced it with generic o rings, there were actually 3 of them. One of them was pretty flat compared to the other 2.

This is not what mine looks like. When I took it apart and replaced it with generic o rings, there were actually 3 of them. One of them was pretty flat compared to the other 2.

You ordered them from Buick? Why not from RockAuto? I'll check the pictures when I get home since they're blocked at work so I can give you a hand with this. I've worked on my fair share of L36's and I actually have a 96 Regal sitting in my driveway.