they hit my car!!!

alphagtp

I have parked my car on front of the house on the street. We just moved in the 2nd of February. I'm pretty sure that the one that hit it is the neighbor across street, they have a tall dodge ram and I'm sure that's what hit my car, it's pretty obvious. Here are some nice pics :bawling1: :cussing:

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Give them one chance to come clean, otherwise you just met your first scum bag neighbor. Good luck. That is a shitty dent and they broke the glass.

In matter of fact, from what I've learned, don't ask them if they did it... tell them you saw it and your being a good neighbor by not calling the police. If they hit the car and didn't give a shit to tell you about it, you know they are going to lie like rug.

the car had a car cover so no paint or nothing. I did filed a police report, the cop said that it was obvious what happened, I told them about the Ram, he went and talked to some people that was in that house and they denied that there is even a Ram there, so the cop filed a hit and run but he said that since they lied about the ram they were going to be busted!!

I just hope it gets fixed the right way, and yeah I'm pretty pissed!!

at least it's the door and not the b pilar or anything you can't just unbolt and replace.

so the cop proved they had a RAM?

damn! that sucks! it is pretty high hit too! too bad man! hopefully you do get it lined back up!

not yet, but he said that they would be looking for it, and I am ready with my camera to snap those pictures :wink: luckily it has those annoying loud exhaust so it will be easy to hear, also they are going to ask all of the neighbors and any of them should know about that ram(I hope :rolleyes:) I'm kind of cool with this, I'm sure they will get busted they have to bring that truck back sometime...

That sucks.

Ya tint FTW!

Seriously though, just because they lied to the officer doesn't mean they committed the crime. The police still have to prove it.

You might luck out and be able to pop that out and then get some filler and refinish it smooth. Or just find a new door. FWIW, aftermarket parts suck!

yeah, but they lied! all cops need to do now is prove that they have a Ram and thats it. if they denied that a truck parks there, they committed a crime "twice". I really don't know for sure, but I hope thats how it works, and thats what the cop said.

yeah, but they lied! all cops need to do now is prove that they have a Ram and thats it. if they denied that a truck parks there, they committed a crime "twice". I really don't know for sure, but I hope thats how it works, and thats what the cop said.

I don't know what the cop asked, and I going off what you said.

If the cop asked them about the Ram all they did was lie to him about owning one. Which I think lying to an officer has some sort of penalty, in and of itself.

He should be able to check the DMV database, which idk why he didn't. Still though I think he needs to prove that they backed into it. Did you ask your neighbors before you called the cops?

That sucks man.. Right after I moved in here (about the time the 95 was having it's coolant problems) I was driving a lifted 92 F-250.. It was parked on the street overnight and I came out the next morning and some mofo hit my rear view mirror and shattered it and scratched the fuck out of my driver side window with whatever they hit the mirror with.. People suck..

I think there is more than one person/family living there, he didn't had any info of the person to look for(Ram) he talked to somebody else that was in the house, that person said that they knew "nothing" about any ram. He filed a "hit and run" but he said that they will be driving around looking to find that ram in their driveway, now I'm thinking that they are some kind of family or friends that just stop by sometimes, besides that the people that the cop actually talked to own a big silverado wich could have done it too, so, somehow this would be solved. They also are going to ask to the neighbors to see if they have seen a ram there. I will know more tomorrow. I'm doing my own investigation tomorrow as well...

Damn, man!

I had a trash truck hit the side of my car, gouged he hell out of the paint but nothing like that.

At least you have a chance of proving who did it... you're handling the situation calmer than I would have.... Someone hits my car... I'm likely to go to jail for a while.

Lets see if cops can do anything but eat donuts, beat innocent bystanders and boost their control freak nature.

Good luck man. Does the state provide federal coverage for hit and runs so that your insurance company does not have to pay out?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Watch the truck turn out to be an F150 and not a RAM. My wife was hit by the neighbor accross the street, complete with paint transfer on the car that matched perfectly in color and height. Cop did nothing but pick his nose and stare at his partners croch the whole time.