!HELP! So where exactly??

MegaDestroyer

question needing answer on a 1991 3.1 buick regal:

so lately ive been drivin like an old lady only because if i push my car a little harder and get the rpms up higher(then ususal) i get a coolant leak somwhere from the back of my motor (or from around where the heater hose goes into the firewall).it will leak and drip onto my exhaust manifold producing sweet burning steamin coolant.GAY.I can help induce this tenfold by turning up my heat max and then goin hard and i got an engine bay of steam.any hints of this?

There is a metal line that runs from the front of the engine, down the left passenger fender, and back along the firewall. It is very thin, and commonly rusts out. I would unclamp the two rubber ends, and replace it with some heater hose you can get at any auto parts store.

The line he's talking about usually rusts out along the passenger side frame rail. Most people cut it out there.

The line isn't horrible to replace on a 2.8/3.1 car, and it runs about $50 from the dealer.