• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• pwmin

• ZoomZoomFan

• Addicted To Boost

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Lets see, what are my plans? Oh, I know: I WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! HAHAHA!!!! :lol: J/K, but for real here we go

New exhaust tips(here's what they look like): http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006284/p-2006284/N-111+1996+200729113+600001736/c-10101

I think they look pretty kool. I like the silent nature of the stock tip but I think these would do my car a little more justice as far as looks go. Might add a little sound to. I'm not looking for nothing too extravegant. And they're not too awefully expensive.

Remote Starter

Really good car wash

And clean the living hell out of the interior. it's not bad, I just want it spotless.

My plans for 2008, the ones i have already completed and the ones i'm waiting to do...

1. Fix hail damage. Done- Had all the hail damage removed but this was to no avail since i got hit by a runaway shopping cart 3 days later and my car shot itself under the hood (read "My car tried to shoot itself" in the powertrain section.

2. Fix saggy suspension. Done- had the fronts and rears replaced, which almost removed the sag, the rest i blame on stuff in the trunk.

3. Get a new sound system (nothing too fancy). Done- Clarion headunit with pioneer 4x6s and JVC 6x9s with a 400watt MTX amp with two MTX 10s in their own ported box.

4. Fix horrible dent in the right rear. Still saving the $$$ to get this done. Will cost in excess of $1,000 to just get dent properly fixed.

5. Get new hood thanks to attempted auto suicide.

6. Get entire car professionally repainted some awesome color.

7. Get new wheels preferrably 18s with some nice tires.

8. And finally... have a better shop re route the exhaust so that exhaust comes out of both pipes, not just the right side.

If you can, try and get your hood fixed first. The aftermarket hoods dont line up like the one you have on there now. I found this out when I bought my new hood.

Alright, thanks for the info. I was going to see what they were going to charge to try and fix it and compare that to a new hood.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

What about the foglight?

Oh yeah that to, but If i'm doin the foglight I'm just gonna replace the two of them because I'm kind of anal when it comes to things like that. When it comes to foglights, brakes, struts, etc..... If one needs replaced it's best to do the other one. My reasoning for that is number one: uniformity, and Number two: I don't want one bright(new) foglight and one dim(old) foglight, I think that would look shitty.

If you can, try and get your hood fixed first. The aftermarket hoods dont line up like the one you have on there now. I found this out when I bought my new hood.

Alright, thanks for the info. I was going to see what they were going to charge to try and fix it and compare that to a new hood.

I got a new hood for $240 + paying for paint and the guy to paint it. I can post pics where you can see where it doesnt line up in one spot. But if you can fix your hood for a decent cost... go that route.

coming up SOON

-replace my upper plenum w/ a homeported and glossblack PC'd one w/ polished ribs and numbers

-Tranny cooler

-shift kit

-fluid/ filter change for tranny and engine

-new 5.25 comps in teh front and new amp

-put on my 1/8" wheel spacers

-niteshade a new pair of tails darker

Motor mounts are going to be a necessity, they were supposed to be replaced but the rubber is decomposing at the bottom of the car...

Figure out what the hell keeps giving me problems in my front end and FIX IT!!! should be the last FE fix for a long time. Hopefully.

If this job holds out and I do well, going to finish out the wheels and get the car painted.

Oh yeah, and keep the stubborn bitch on the road. Thats the big one, driveability and safety for my precious Pontiac. :lol:

• 10 months later...

For the Lumina:

Paint / Body work all done by meee (Either black, silver, or a color similar to what I have) WTF when am I gonna do this?

Roll inner fender

Shave Chevy emblem from grill Not gonna do this, I might get a new grill though. So many options with a lumina

Suspension & Brakes

-Install Lowering Springs & KYB struts with rear coilovers

-Poly Sway Bar Mounts up front

-High Performance Brake Pads on new rotors

-ADDCO rear sway bar? Not doing this, I have something else up my sleeve

-Weld on front and rear strut tower bar mounts (and then bolt on sway bar) Eh, I got adam's rear bar and am working on installing a bonneville front bar.

New Head Unit (something cheap with 1/8" aux in on the front) Pioneer DEH 5000 UB

Interior

-New dash pad

-New carpet & floormats for up front

-Vacuum and shampoo the shit out of it

-Paint Wood grain a decent color Didnt do any of this shit. As i always say, performance before appearance

1994 GP

-Sell it.

buy a 2nd gen grand prix, and drive the p*** outta it.

well, that didnt happen, decided instead to wreck it, and learned how to do half-ass body work!

woohoo!!

If cleaning is a modification or fixing, then that.

Oh, new tires. And put my new box in my trunk. Maybe I will finally have the front bumper fixed from the previous owner.

I kept to mine! And, I said maybe on the front bumper, so I'm good.

Last year at this time, I didn't even post. But I can honestly say that in the last year I have done absolutely nothing to any of my W's. Just drive them and fix them as needed.

I focused on the Laguna last fall/winter/summer/fall. lol

TGP:

• replace all suspension components

• full tuneup

• clean the engine bay more

• some minor interior work
  • new brakes
  • new exhaust
  • tint windows

I got a lot done this last year, but not nearly as much as I wanted.. :lol:

Mods:

-Cold air intake done

-ported exhaust manifolds still sitting in the box in my room at home :lol:

-u-bend delete/2.5" DP neg

-1.9 rockers neg

-stainless grilles almost...but neg

-black headlight housings close...black corners

-4300K HID's neg

-SLP Gen 1 spoiler neg

-tinted tails neg

-35% tinted 1/4 and rear window nope

-50% tinted door windows nope

-Chrome lugnut caps+polished center caps just the center caps

-install my freaking system found out it needs to be re-wired, and has sat ever since

-install gauges nope

-silver painted calipers+new non-rusted rotors yep, only painted red

Repairs/cleaning:

-FULL exterior and interior detail job exterior only got done

-repair ripped leather seat(or just find a replacement) nope

-fix heated seat problem nope

-diagnose and fix all the annoying rattles!! a couple got fixed!

-new trunk carpet yep!

Phew...I think that's it.

What's everybody else got!?

eh, bout half way through.