Convertible Dome Light Switches

j_mezz

Hey Pshojo, I think that can be arranged, still have my email\paypal? Hope you do get another vert, the one you've been working on looks great!

Wipp, your switches are wrapped up and ready to go, was trying to get them out today but couldn't slip of of work to get them in the mail. They'll be in their way tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

. do you still have any of these?

It's probably just my cars they broke on, right? :)

I'll post a picture tomorrow night.

7/28/11 update - Acting on a tip from another W-bodier I picked up some LED bulbs that fit right into the original housing. These eliminate the heat buildup that causes the switches to go bad. I can provide a set of 4 for $12.

• 1 month later...

Just post up here that you want them, i'll PM you my paypal now...

I'm working on getting the other bulbs to do a complete LED interior conversion, including the aqua shifter bulb, I'm not quite there yet but if anyone else is interested PM me...

Edited by j_mezz

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on getting the other bulbs to do a complete LED interior conversion, including the aqua shifter bulb, I'm not quite there yet but if anyone else is interested PM me...

How are you coming on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good! There's a million different bulbs out there and I tried a bunch in various locations. I was expecting to wind up with 5 different bulbs that worked better in one location or the other but in the end it's a couple of different bulbs that stood out as optimal. In all cases I wanted bulbs that were sealed so dust bunnies would never create problems. These are all plug and play and provide a really nice improvement over the stock lighting.

picture5.jpg

Top left and center - MAP lights front and back. A little pricey but they throw off a Lot of light where you need it most.

Top right - standard dome W/glass casing. Also used in the center console for rear seating floor area.

Bottom left and right - front floor areas.

And bottom center - Aqua tinted LED to replace bulb for shifter lighting.

- The map light bulbs are $5 each. They don't look it but they're slightly longer than the standard dome light bulb and fit into the socket with no modification. They're also super-bright 3 watt bulbs.

- The standard dome light bulb is still $3 ea

- the 194 bulbs for the front floor areas are $2 ea. They're 1.5 watt bulbs with the diffraction lens

- and the aqua 194 bulbs are $3 ea. and are a near perfect match to original for both color and brightness

Edited by j_mezz

• 3 weeks later...

Hello-

Just stumbled into a '94 Cutlass Supreme convertible. 3.4, black over red. One of my dome switches is fried...I might as well get a pair, and the set of 4 LED's to prevent them from getting fried again.

Thanks.

Do you have an email address to contact?

I successfully lobbied the original manufacturer of dome light switches to re-manufacture some switches for me. I ordered a couple of hundred and they just showed up today. $8 a pair plus shipping ($2.50).

7/28/11 update - Acting on a tip from another W-bodier I picked up some LED bulbs that fit right into the original housing. These eliminate the heat buildup that causes the switches to go bad. I can provide a set of 4 for $12.

9-30-13 update - All interior LED light conversion bulbs now available. See page 13 for pic and pricing

• 8 months later...

you still got these switches. mine dont light and dont push in either

I successfully lobbied the original manufacturer of dome light switches to re-manufacture some switches for me. I ordered a couple of hundred and they just showed up today. $8 a pair plus shipping ($2.50).

9-30-13 update - All interior LED light conversion bulbs now available. See page 13 for pic and pricing

Hello j_mezz...

I plan on having my car awhile so I'd like to get 2 sets of switches and LED bulbs (4 switches and 8 bulbs) for the dome light. 2 sets bulbs (4 LED bulbs I believe for 2 sets?) for the map lights. If that is possible.

TIA

Sure, no problem. shipping is $3.50 for any combination\quantity, 2 switches is $8 and 4 LED's is $12 (so 43.50 for two sets). Depending on what year your car is I have the other interior LED conversion bulbs - shown on pg 13 of this thread.

Hey one of the led lights in my triple white quit working, can I order a few more from you so I have a replacement and a couple spares?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk