BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

I want some nice big brakes for my car, so that I dont have any problems stoping, I cant stand the stock brakes on the w-body. i have powerstop rotors and hawk ceramic pads and its good, but I want excellent. Anyone interedted in a brake upgrade. I would have the brackets made and you would buy the rotors and calipers and pads. So basically it would be for the mounting brackets.

Prices are:

The package includes-

$360- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to YOUR housing, machined brackets from GXP (provided by you)

$465- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to MY housing, machined brackets from GXP(provided by you)

Plus Shipping

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

I am totally down to do this. I am thinking of using the w-body store brakes and custom making some brake brackets. I think that I can have the brackets made for about $100 or so. And then just the w-store brake pachage. So like $400 for everything to upgrade to 13"

How big can you go and still fit the stock 16" wheels?

I gotta say--when my boosters were defective, I thought the stock brakes were pretty pathetic. Now that I have functioning boosters in both Luminas; the brakes seem appropriately--if not stunningly--powerful.

Yeah you would need the 17" wheels. I can make them for the 16 if the 17 sell. OK I will go ahead and order a set og these brakes and start desiging the bracet. I will have some enginners look at it to make sure that it will be strong enough

Alright, so this isn't a group buy yet, but still a wondering/build stage point. Once it's at the point where your are marketing these, you can create a group buy thread.

To all others, I'm deleting out posts that are unnecessary for this thread. Please keep it on track.

.....god forbid things get posted in the proper sections....hell, that might actually help get an increased number of people interested.....

dude as he said i dont think he is actually selling something, he is just seing if there is an intrest, and dohcv6 im pretty intrested myself

and y is every body always so anal towards other members sometimes, it kinda pushes me away from this site

K, well I will go ahead and start looking into buying the brake kit. I will have 10 made for now I guess and well see how that goes, so thats 5 cars. I will have to move this to the GB section, so I dont piss anyone off.

k can those of you that THINK that you would be interested, please start a list and put your brake size now and your name. I just need to know if I should worry about making a set for the 10.9. I am going to be buying the brakes soon.

K, well I will go ahead and start looking into buying the brake kit. I will have 10 made for now I guess and well see how that goes, so thats 5 cars. I will have to move this to the GB section, so I dont piss anyone off.

Don't worry about Jeremy.

I got the 11.25"? brakes.

I just need to know, so that when I make the brackets that are for the 11.25. I dont think that there will be many members here that will want these so I am only going to plan on making 10, or 5 sets, so 5 cars. I am one so 4 are left. I will make them and then test them on my car, just to make sure that they work 100% perfect.

2 sets ok then 4 right. Ok that leaves 1 left. I will be getting on this right away. I am THINKING price will be 100 shipped no paint, or 120 powdercoated gloss black.

Ok well I talked to w-body store and they told me that they should fit our cars stock, even the gen 1s. I dont think that the person is correct, so I am haveing them send me pics of the brakes on a newer w-body. Are the brake mounting points the same? Also they will not tell me the year made and model of the car the brakes came off of, so we need someone that has done extensive reserch to chim in. That would be sweet if they bolt right up, but I doubt it.