• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• AWeb80

• Euro

• ManicMechanic

As you can see with this many special Oldsmobiles in one area I was practically blowing it all over myself. Also I had no idea at this time I would end up owning 90% of the wheels in this room and at least one of the GM show cars. I had better pictutres of all of these vehicles taken at one time but sadly lost them all.

So they sat in that building for almost 2 years and Someone called Richard Blasley and told him since there would be no more Oldsmobile he would have the terrible job of deciding what 15% of these cars GM would wish to save and inventory. Regulations within GM prohibited the sale to the public since none of them were production cars made for the streets and many of them were not titleable. In February of 2004 85% of these special vehicles were ordered to be eradicated at once.

Someone at Barret Jackson contacted GM and told them that a breast cancer awareness foundation wanted to hold a special palm beach car auction in march of 2004 and were looking for cars to be donated for proceeds to go to their company. Balsley caught wind of this and with his help 39 vehicles from GMs collection were to be given to this charitable organization.

The only catch about the auction was it was an invitation auction only the public could not attend and very little was announced that these cars would be offered for sale there. So that in tern kept the prices of the cars way down. There were only about 30 bidders there bidding on these cars. GM ended up cancelling out on about 10 of the 39 cars they promised and stayed in the fleet and got scapped later. Heres a quick list of all the Oldsmobiles that were auctioned off there and the prices they went for

2002 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA IRL RACE SERIES SUPPORT VEHICLE 21000.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE ZEBRA 19200.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA FROM GM COLLECTION 15000.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA IRL PACE CAR FROM GM COLL 18500.00

2002 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA FROM GM COLLECTION 17500.00

1999 OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE IRL SUPPORT VEHICLE F 17500.00

2002 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA INDY 500 PACE TRUCK #2 F 15500.00

1996 OLDSMOBILE AURORA IMSA GTS RACE CAR FROM 21500.00

1985 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SKOAL BANDIT #33 FROM G 30000.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE INDY 500 PACE CAR #3 FROM 25000.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA IRL PACE CAR FROM GM COLLECTION 20000.00

1999 OLDSMOBILE ALERO FX RAZZI FROM 9000.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE ALERO SHOW VEHICLE FROM 9250.00

2001 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA DEVELOPMENT VEHICLE FROM 14000.00

The remainder of the Specialty vehicles were destoryed at Schrams in April of 2004 rather than listing the ones that GM had scrapped I will list the ones I know that were saved and have visually seen since.

1. 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 442

2. 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Convertible

3. 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Candy Apple OSV Test Vehicle (Red press vehicle destroyed)

4. 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Candy Apple Red OSV Test vehicle (Red press vehicle destproed)

5. 2001 Oldsmoible Blue/Green 4.0 liter Aurora with custom 19" Budnik wheels

6. 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Pace car (actual pace car that paced the race)

The rest of these are history folks, which really depresses me but hey I didn't decide to scrap them.

Rob, I've either forgotten or you never mentioned...How did LKQ come up with those wheels you bought?

They took over Schram's GM contract. Needless to say, Schram's isn't too happy right now!

Rob, I've either forgotten or you never mentioned...How did LKQ come up with those wheels you bought?

They took over Schram's GM contract. Needless to say, Schram's isn't too happy right now!

Ahhhhhh...

The remainder of the Specialty vehicles were destoryed at Schrams in April of 2004 rather than listing the ones that GM had scrapped I will list the ones I know that were saved and have visually seen since.

1. 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 442

2. 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Convertible

3. 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Candy Apple OSV Test Vehicle (Red press vehicle destroyed)

4. 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Candy Apple Red OSV Test vehicle (Red press vehicle destproed)

5. 2001 Oldsmoible Blue/Green 4.0 liter Aurora with custom 19" Budnik wheels

6. 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Pace car (actual pace car that paced the race)

The rest of these are history folks, which really depresses me but hey I didn't decide to scrap them.

So the Alero convertible survived. Sweet!

I hate how they make these awesome cars and just destroy them. I don't understand the big deal with them being "concept cars". I could understand if they were carbon fiber mock-ups without engines and drivetrains, but they are actual cars. Like the OSV cars. They're just regular Intrigues and Aleros with a few modifications. What would be the big deal with people owning and driving them!?

The big deal is that the wheels are not DOT approved, among with many many of the other feature's and add-on's.

That, and the Vin has a X right in the middle of it, basically making it not street legal.

The big deal is that the wheels are not DOT approved, among with many many of the other feature's and add-on's.

That, and the Vin has a X right in the middle of it, basically making it not street legal.

Gotcha. That does make sense. I wish they didn't have to crush them though. If nothing else they're an important part of GM history.

I want the covertible Alero....:drool:

Yeah those supercharged engines and 475 hp northstar 4.6 liter v8s with 6 speed manuals in the alerro and intrigue 442s, you know how poeple would "drive" them LOL

I wish they had not have gotten scrapped either.