• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• AWeb80

• Euro

• jeremy

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all the photos I have of these cars here at work, I have plenty more at home when I get there I will save them all and reformat this page so they all fit within the text. this Thread is a work in progress.

What beautiful cars! Too bad they killed it all off. And then GM wonders why they are going downhill so quickly.

On a side note, I got pre-approved today for a car loan to pick up a nice Dodge Magnum, so the search is on. I decided that I will be keeping my Olds after all, I can't bear to part with her.

I put the Nissan on Craig's list today.

Back to this thread, this is some awesome stuff that I also never heard of. Thanks for your contribution.

Heres the minivan

I'd love to have mine look something like that.

Except if you look, there's no way the rear doors could open with that wide of wheel/tire.

The OSV Alero and Intrigue are two of the most beautiful vehicles I have ever seen in my life. To me, they are the perfect color with the perfect accents and perfect wheels. I'd kill to have one.

:willynilly: Thanks for all the info Rob, and the pictures all piled up like that. I've seen quite a few of those pics before. What a bad move on GM's part, to get rid of Olds before even trying to see how these would sell. I'd be all over that Intrigue. :sad:

those pics were freaken' sweet! i do have to say that olds minivan was pretty good looking for a gm minivan.

yeah, but not enough ground clearance in the soccer parking lots for the soccer moms and speed bumps.

IMHO, you have got to pick a theme and stick to it to really be profitable... GM already has a sports line (Pontiac), two luxury lines (main difference is price{Buick and Cadillac}), a practical and name brand line (Chevy) , etc. Oldsmobile just didn't really fit in. They should have given it a reputation, like the fuel efficient line with a cool slogan like "the right choice" or "the alternative"(to foreign). They had some roots in it too, kindof (lol) like the "turnpike cruiser" http://home.c2i.net/terjekl/carlife.htm. Hell, with my O/D, I get 36 with poor aerodynamics, heavy car, puny ass tires and a big engine.('95 olds Ciera) They could have revolutionized the sector! Lower axle ratios, lighter body panels etc, but keep it practical! They would be making some $$$ now...