XM Direct + Pioneer

runt

This isn't for my car. But...it does pertain to audio and I almost had this setup in my car but gave it to the G/F instead.

Here is the hardware involved:

2001 Dodge Intrepid

Pioneer DEH-P6600

XMD1000 (XM Direct Unit)

XMDPIO100 (Unit from XM Direct to HU)

So over the last few months more and more stations have been dropping off. For no real reason either. At first I figured that my G/F was just not knowing what buttons to push or whatever but I quickly found she wasn't making anything up.

For about 4 months, the unit would only start on the XM Preview channel (Ch. 1) and we only got like channels 11, 16, 21,22, 23 and maybe a few up in the 100's. The past few days...only channels 1 and 130 work. Now, when it rains we get more stations. Not sure why.

I thought since it worked better in the rain that it would be the antenna. So I picked up a new XMicro2 off of ebay thinking that would do the trick. Well, when I hook it up to the system all I get on the Pioneer is "ANTENNA" and no sound, not even preview. I thought about resending the signal but with the error I figured it would be a waste of time.

It should be noted, I have tried to move the antenna, I have moved the location of the XMD1000 in the car. I have checked ALL connections MANY times. I'm totally lost here!! Overall, we are pretty happy with the XM but I will not keep paying for a suscription if it is going to be like this.

Any help that anyone could give would be great!

List of problems, in order of failure:

Antenna

Antenna

Antenna

Tuner

Dock

Cables

Headunit

This is usually how it go's with those units. Sounds like the tuner is on it's way out, unfortunately. You can try contacting XM to see if they can check the signal to your unit, and go from there.

I would try that, but everytime I call no one wants to help me. They say everything looks fine. Only 1 time that I have called did they tell me that there was a problem with the particular radio ID.

Well...maybe I'll keep the antenna and try to find another tuner.

I have xm in my jimmy, and I had problems with it 2 times when I first installed; the two times it did got stuck in channel 135, I called the xm people, and they did a reset thing or something like that and told me to turn off my radio/xm and wait for 5 mins, then try again. It took like three mins and then everything was fine. Like I said it happen twice but the 2nd time I knew what to do (call and wait 5 mins). and since then (10 months) I haven't had any other problems. Have you done this?? I know is not any help :rolleyes: just telling my experience ....

No haven't quite done that.

I did however have the signal resent at least twice and it would be fine for the duration of the trip but once you shut off and restarted the car it would flak out and only get certain channels.

Duh. I guess that would be tuner huh? I wish I knew of a way to fix it or something because it's great when it works! Plus we can get college football games on there when it's the proper time of year.