Car changing

Heza

ok...so last weekend i went through some major updates to my car. for one, i installed my B&M Shift+ kit....finally. needless to say, i love it! there is less hesitation now between 1st and 2nd under hard acceleration. got my new rear dual exhaust valance so i just need to get it painted and get my exhaust done. debadged my car all around...what else...installed a Crime Stopper alarm system...remote start is a plus for cold weather. i'm thinking my car ideas are gonna simmer down soon though because i am itching to by myself a GSX-R 750. yup, nothing like seeing 100 in short time. :D i'll get some pictures of my car up real soon!

I was thinking of getting that shiftkit, how much did it cost you? Also does it make the car shift a lot harder and is it adjustable? The one I'm looking at is adjustable and I'm just curious if you got the same one.

I was thinking of getting that shiftkit, how much did it cost you? Also does it make the car shift a lot harder and is it adjustable? The one I'm looking at is adjustable and I'm just curious if you got the same one.

i got the B&M Shift + that works with the vacuum line from the intake to the vacuum modulator on the transmission. it cost me $40 and it is adjustable. i like it. instead of figuring out if it wants to shift between gears, it kicks into gear with a reasonable jerk.

U just put splice it into the vaccum e sorce that goes to the vaccume modulator.... so...

cut vaccume line....

hook in one end..

hook in the other end...

and turn the nob...

if U want to get fancyt with it.. U can re- run longer line's and mount it in yur dash..... but that intails a little more work...

later

joe

and this doesnt have any bad effects in the long run for our pussy 4t60e?

well, yes, our transmission is quite 'pussy' or so you say...but it should actually be better since the clutch plates aren't grinding for 10 minutes before it shifts from 1st to 2nd or what not. i bought mine from http://www.truckperformance.com. the only thing i can say, is it's a pain in the ass to route the vaccum lines through the boot in the firewall "i used the boot between my wheel well and the master cylinder.[/url]

well, yes, our transmission is quite 'pussy' or so you say...but it should actually be better since the clutch plates aren't grinding for 10 minutes before it shifts from 1st to 2nd or what not. i bought mine from http://www.truckperformance.com. the only thing i can say, is it's a pain in the ass to route the vaccum lines through the boot in the firewall "i used the boot between my wheel well and the master cylinder.[/url]

i went to truckperformance and the only trannys they have for gm are the 4L60 and 4L60e. Now, maybe their letter is wrong but would the 4L60e actually be the 4T60e. Cause i might get it too.

What is the URL of the site you bought your kit off of.

i went to truckperformance and the only trannys they have for gm are the 4L60 and 4L60e. Now, maybe their letter is wrong but would the 4L60e actually be the 4T60e. Cause i might get it too.

try this....

http://www.truckperformance.com/vehicle.search/?searchtype=56d&sortorder=ADAAA&urlsubcategory=Drivetrain&productcategory=Shift+Improvement+Kits&sf1=PONTIAC&sf2=1994&sf3=GRAND+PRIX&sf4=VEHICLE+SPECIFIC+KITS

one more thing...i thought i ordered the wrong kit at one point so i ordered one from JEGS also. on that link it says 'electronic shift improver', but they send the vacuum one. there is no electronic shift improver for the 4t60e. just a note.

4L60 and 4L60e are the RWD transmissions. T stands for Transverse or Transaxle.

So the Shift+ you bought from truck performance works? that is the cheapest I have seen them.

yeah, it works. it's not much of a difference, but it is there. my tranny only has 48k miles on it and it shifted pretty crisp without it. but sometimes when putting the pedal down, it hesitated between 1st and 2nd. doesn't do that anymore. i notice more of a jerk whenever it shifts too.

...there is no electronic shift improver for the 4t60e. just a note.

I remember a site on the internet, that a guy explains how to connect two pins on the ALDL to change shift modes. He hooked up a toggle and everything, I believe it was an L67 Citation. I will check and post the link.

...there is no electronic shift improver for the 4t60e. just a note.

I remember a site on the internet, that a guy explains how to connect two pins on the ALDL to change shift modes. He hooked up a toggle and everything, I believe it was an L67 Citation. I will check and post the link.

if you find that link, i'd love the link. i just took my car out and opened up the B&M modulator and played with my car. it does make quite a difference actually. if you can mess with electronics somehow, just lemme know!

I'm trying to get ahold of the guy through CarDomain, I saw he got another Citation and put a FRIGGIN 4.9 Caddy V-8 in it!!!!!! That makes, one w/ a Supercharged Series 1 3800, and a 4.9L V-8 Citation. Sick shit.

I'm trying to get ahold of the guy through CarDomain, I saw he got another Citation and put a FRIGGIN 4.9 Caddy V-8 in it!!!!!! That makes, one w/ a Supercharged Series 1 3800, and a 4.9L V-8 Citation. Sick shit.

if i had the money i'd go over the L67 and drop that 4.9L Caddy v-8 that the one company does to w-bodies. i've only seen one car with it, a 4-door white Lumina. man, does that car sound 'sick shit'

theres a northstar 32v v-8 at the junkyard here if anyone is interested, i believe that is the 4.9 :read:

nope. the 4.9 is the motor Cadillac used before the Northstar motor came out. the Northstar motor is a 4.6.