• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• SuperBuick

• taylerade

• 91GranSport

I took care of my fake wood trim as soon as I got the car (wich cost me a dollar) I stripped it all out and spraypainted it matt black, teh n added a lot of clear coat. End result looked pretty good. Looked more buisness like. The bitch was the center consule. I couldn't get the fake wood trim out of the car without pulling it all out, so I had to tape everything (I MEAN EVERYTHING) off in the car, and spray paint in the car. I just really wish my driver side door panel (interior) wasn't a piece of shit, and that the paint on it was good... it actually depresses me : (

I have the faux "burled rosewood" trim. I agree it does look much nicer than the straight wood grain. As far as interior pieces, everything fits nice and tight, nothing is rotting or peeling. The only problem I have with the interior is that some of the HVAC console lights are burnt out so I have to turn on the interior lights to see what I'm doing when driving at night. Unfortunately I have to find a whole entire HVAC console at a junkyard and hope that it works. It's more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'm a little obsessive compulsive with my vehicle so I like everything to be functioning at 100%. Say, Brian, I really would like to see pics of your interior if possible. Tom mentioned that you "pimped" it out. However, I think the new Regal is beautiful, the only problem being that the Century ruined it by being far too similar. The Century should be based on the same platform as the Malibu/Grand Am since it's the entry level Buick. A base model Regal and a GranSport Regal is all they need as far as Buick's W-Body cars. Having the Century on the same platform is like having an Intrigue and the Alero on the same W-Body platform, and having the Alero a base model Intrigue. I just hope that GM kills off the Century soon.

BTW: Did anyone see the new Park Avenue Ultra? Sweet! It has nicer 17" wheels and chromed portholes on the fenders!

The bulbs in the HVAC can be replaced, even though they're soldered in. All it takes is melting the solder and pulling them out, and remelting the solder again and push the new ones in. Radioshack sells these "microbulbs" very cheap and they work great.

Thanks for the help Brian, I never thought of soldering in new bulbs. I'll have to take a trip to RadioShack sometime. The HVAC console on eBay is exactly like mine. I have the dual climate controls as well. Everythings work, minus the lights. Not to long ago it started malfunctioning where only the highest fan speed setting would work, but now it all works good. Strange how things malfunction out of nowhere.