obd1 or 2 (95 GP)

RangeStang

I have a question would it be easier to go obd1 or obd2 on a 95 GP? Does anyone have eather of these swaps on a obd1.5 car. what one would be easier to get performance out of? Ease of tuning the car? Thanks in advance!

That is what I thought obd2 it compensates to mods alot better (via MAF). What do you guys think about megasquirt for tuning I would like to do it myself or have a friend do it since I am a long way from DHP. I am going to spray it eventually. We will see what will go first the 3100 or the trans on the bottle. :burnout: :lol: I have 2 3400 spare engines.

Also I have a 3in hooker areo chamber muffler just siting in my garage. Will it have any adverse affects if I put it on my existing exhaust I have now? I did not want to start a new topic. :wink:

dont waste your time w/ standalone' date=' IMHO, of course

[/quote']

What should I use to pull timing then for the spray? Aftermarket MSD,or a Jacobs nitrous control unit. Otherwise I am limited to about a 50 shot with stock timing right

Also I have a 3in hooker areo chamber muffler just siting in my garage. Will it have any adverse affects if I put it on my existing exhaust I have now? I did not want to start a new topic. :wink:

What about the exhaust?

just do an OBD-II swap and get a DHP Powrtuner or HPTuners

HP tuners I've heard is a little more expensive, but its better, and you can tune practically any OBD 2 vehicle with it.

I guess I'm confused why putting on a new muffler would cause a loss in power.

i'm used to DHP cuz thats what i have and i really like it. ive heard its easier to use that HPT. if you just want it for 96+ GM V6's, i would go for it over HPT for sure, but if you want other GM stuff, HPT is the only one that will do it. btw, you need a 97 computer for HPT, but you can use a 96 for DHP.

a 3" muffler probably wont cause a loss in power, but a 3" exhaust definitely would

just do an OBD-II swap and get a DHP Powrtuner or HPTuners

HP tuners I've heard is a little more expensive' date=' but its better, and you can tune practically any OBD 2 vehicle with it.

I guess I'm confused why putting on a new muffler would cause a loss in power.

[/quote']

Just concerned because the slowing of velocity and stagnant air.

What do you guys think about a full 2 1/2in. exhaust from manifold back. Just remember I am going to spray it and sooner than later it will have a 3400.

Really I got on DHP's site and I could only find 97 and up applications. My brother in law works for transgo (that is where I get all my tranny stuff from) said that they started using ecm controlled transmissions in 97 although I thaught they started when obd 1.5 was used. What say you guys? If so what would I do about that just get a 97 and newer trans.? I thought they only used 4t65e after 97 who nows I could be wrong. :redface: :rolleyes:

as i said before, dhp 96, hpt 97. i know cuz i got a powrtuner for my old 96 GP. all cars had to be obd2 in 96 ("american" at least). they started using e-trans before 97, maybe before 94.