1988 pacecar information

Crazy K

Couple more related that are my faves.

Chuck Yaeger with the pace car - The idea was that Chuck was a test/jet pilot flying with heads up displays... so hey now Cutlass has HUD.. coooool....

ChuckYaeger.jpg

Ed Welburn (below) - if you don't know this guy look him up, designer for GM - recently retired - headed up design on the Cutlass as well as the Aerotech.

edwel.jpg

PressRelease.jpg

Great thread, thanks to all who've posted!  I've never seen that picture of the coupe, some weird things about it, must've been custom made for him?  It's got the quad 4, no aero bumper, chrome trim around the windows, red olds logo on the wheel center caps, no rear marker light, and no yellow on the front marker light.  Very cool!

Just imagine the Cutlass Supreme of today. It would probably be built on the GM Zeta chassis. That is too bad that never happened.

That's wishful thinking. Knowing modern GM, the Cutlass Supreme would be on the E2XX, it would still be FWD and maybe it would have the Regal turbo'd engine. 

If anything, the Aurora would have made the switch to RWD.

Great thread, thanks to all who've posted! I've never seen that picture of the coupe, some weird things about it, must've been custom made for him? It's got the quad 4, no aero bumper, chrome trim around the windows, red olds logo on the wheel center caps, no rear marker light, and no yellow on the front marker light. Very cool!

That coupe that Ed is with may not even be a full car. He did the design of that car by day, and by night he worked on the Aerotech. It was possibly just a model car to show the overall idea. Ed is a really cool car guy. Aerotech was in part a project to prove 4 bangers were worth a damn as most people were like WTF when they thought to put a 4cyl in an Oldsmobile God forbid lol.

Ed talks about this stuff at about 5 mins into this interview: https://youtu.be/dnNjdUd-8HM

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

That coupe that Ed is with may not even be a full car. He did the design of that car by day, and by night he worked on the Aerotech. It was possibly just a model car to show the overall idea. Ed is a really cool car guy. Aerotech was in part a project to prove 4 bangers were worth a damn as most people were like WTF when they thought to put a 4cyl in an Oldsmobile God forbid lol.

Ed talks about this stuff at about 5 mins into this interview: https://youtu.be/dnNjdUd-8HM

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Olds should have made it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk