3100 COLD AIR INTAKES

dohc v6

Well I finally got the time to make a 3100 intake for you guys. I am the same person that made them for the 3.4 DOHC and still do. It will consist of 3in tubing, silicone, welded bracket and so on. I should have a final product by some time next week. Anyone interested?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• Brian P

• SigEpCutlass

Ok the intake is just about done, just need some welding and what not but I will post the pics anywyas from what I have. the black intake tube is from a zx2.This can give you a feel of what the powdercoating will look like with the engraved MMI logo. I can upload the dyno page if you want from the zx2. It makes 20 to the crank, 9 to the wheels. Anyways here are the pics

PA130018.jpg

PA130019.jpg

PA130020.jpg

Ok no problem.The intakes will be a bit pricy but they do work and they are pretty easy to instally. This is not an ebay intake, so please dont respond to the post if you can find an intake for $50 on ebay. if you wan find a 3100 intake that is cold air for the same price you let me know. As far as price for these. Probably looking at

$160 plus shipping. Then if you want powdercoating an extra $40, and there are a couple extras you can add. But my intakes do make power and they do look good.

But my intakes do make power and they do look good.

i 100% argee, i have seen one of your 3.4 DOHC FWIs in person, it looks and sounds bad ass,

Powder coating, K&N filter. Thats really it. I am going to make a special plate that is goinf to attach under the car to draw the cooler air in. That will be included.

I am going to have a website very soon. Hopefully it will take off. But besides that, I will continue to make quality parts and have good customer service. But I will keep you all informed.

Ok no problem.The intakes will be a bit pricy but they do work and they are pretty easy to instally. This is not an ebay intake, so please dont respond to the post if you can find an intake for $50 on ebay. if you wan find a 3100 intake that is cold air for the same price you let me know. As far as price for these. Probably looking at

$160 plus shipping. Then if you want powdercoating an extra $40, and there are a couple extras you can add. But my intakes do make power and they do look good.

$50 eBay intakes? Anyway, around here, a K&N drop-in is $65 so that sounds like a pretty good price for a serious intake.

lol ok, but then your post will still be here, but what ever.

:thinking:

i'm just saying, no one wants to buy from someone that has "mediocre" customer service. just trying to help you out.

Well, yeah becasue the only way to get into the fender on the 3100 is to get rid of the battery. I will look into running it on the side like I do for the 3.4 but am not sure yet. It is at the welders and once I get the ok to pick it up it will be on the car and I will shoot some pics up. I should have a website soon, hopefully that will help with orders.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the finished product installed. Will battery relocation or a smaller battery be required? Keep us posted.

I haven't been under my hood for a little while, but it seems like we might be able to fab a bracket to turn the battery sideways (into the old airbox location) and make enough room for the intake to pass there. I wonder if there will be enough slack in the cables. I hate where the battery is now anyway. Who thought it was a good idea to put it under the windshield washer resevoir? As we used to say in the biz: PFD!

all engines are different and will probly react differently to the cai setup. some could have a large increase in power, or a slight increase in power. to me hp at the crank means nothing cause it's not like you have just an engine in which all that power goes to the wheels. you have a transmission which the power goes to and gets lost.