3100 COLD AIR INTAKES

dohc v6

I'm not critical with the washer fluid resevoir, since I could melt and bend it, or just use a different one and mount elsewhere (like the old airbox location) I'm just critical with the battery.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• Brian P

• SigEpCutlass

Any updates? Did you manage to make it fit without moving the battery or anything?

I am curious since I planned on just hacking my stock airbox for my 3500 (see sig), but if this looks good then I may just go this direction... easier.

I have a size 78 battery in mine, Duralast gold 800CCA/1000 warm. Fits perfectly... but the intake would have to fit "around" it somehow.

The easier the install the easier you will be able to sell them, especially since winter is rolling around for many people and people do not want to work long hours out in the cold (like me!).

If no battery relocation and everything fits fine, no fender cutting, good price... & good performance then you have a great intake to sell there!

The tube at the top will get a hose that will come with it that attaches to the rear, the battery can be tucked away in the back for a cleaner look or you can leave it up front, if you leave it upfront you just need to move your wiring harness around. The washer tank does fit, I just forgot to get a pic with it in, sorry.

on the 3100 lumina there isnt much room for 3 inch piping, so yes it is cocked sideways, but for the power difference, yes its there, the angle is worth it, i dont know if there is more room on other cars, i doubt it tho cause we all have the same bodys, but with fender differences there might be more room... but cocking the battery sideways is worth it in my oppnion, i drove my car with this intake on it... not a bad power gain, and as far as appearance... it looks great too

I'd definitely like to see a pic with everything all put back together (w/ the washer reservoir) before I'd consider buying one. I'm still interested but I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment with Christmas coming up & the laundry list of maintenance the cutlass needs.

How much are you looking to get and do you have any already made ready to mail w/ whatever instructions/advice I need to put it in correctly?

on the 3100 lumina there isnt much room for 3 inch piping, so yes it is cocked sideways, but for the power difference, yes its there, the angle is worth it, i dont know if there is more room on other cars, i doubt it tho cause we all have the same bodys, but with fender differences there might be more room... but cocking the battery sideways is worth it in my oppnion, i drove my car with this intake on it... not a bad power gain, and as far as appearance... it looks great too

How exactly are you holding that battery down? I haven't tried it myself, but it has been done (and posted up here earlier). I'm not going to risk my battery flopping around on a turn or whatever, or short to the frame. There also seems to be a lot of space that the pipe can be mounted further back, closer to the strut tower.

I did not make something for the battery to be held down by, I think that should be left up to the buyer. I reccomend that you put it in the back, but it will fit in the front. There is room for adjustment, thats why I have the rubber hanger there. I mean for 135 bucks u guys are just aking for way to much. I sell intakes to zx2 members for 180 and thats the cheapest one. My intakes make power and they look good. Now if you want to pay a little extra i can make somehting for the battery to be held down with, but I am not going to go through more trouble if all I ma going to get is, "HOW MUCH LOWER CAN YOU GO".

Hunn, I supplied 2 sets of pics. Also I dont have a 3100 its my buddies, so it makes it a little harder. Also I am not whining about a simple drop in price, but when all you do is whine about an extra $20 that just goes to show me what I am dealing with.

I don't think the price is bad at all, in fact to piece this together something like this with new materials would net only a minor savings. It just won't work for me, cause I'm not willing to relocate my battery.