• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• Brian P

• SigEpCutlass

Umm, what. My ZX2 intake put 20 to the crank and 9 to the wheels. Try again. I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest, unless you have facts.

20 at the crank and only 9 to the wheels?

Your math is wrong..........more like 11 to the crank with a 9whp gain.

that's a lot of work and money for 5 hp max

Actually, this estimate is probably about right for an L82 car.

I have seen back to back dyno charts on a couple of different L82 powered Beretta's, and all made 4.4-4.8whp PEAK going from a stock airbox (with paper filter) to a CAI.

But that's at their 4900ish rpm power peak...........there WAS around a 7-8whp gain up at high rpm (5500ish), so it IS a very noticeable boost on the L82's top end.

Plus, W-Body cars have a little better flowing downpipe (and usually make peak power at more like 5100-5200rpm), so it wouldn't surprise me to see a tiny bit more of a gain.........

5-6whp maybe???????

:question:

BTW...........didn't AWeb80 dyno 128whp or somesuch with a CAI on an otherwise stock L82? That sounds about like a 5whp gain to me (since W's are usually just over 120whp totally stock from the FEW charts I've seen).

Umm, are you kidden me. Really are you going to go there. If you dont want it then just say nice intake, don't make comments like that, that are not true and sway the thoughts of others. It is just a mock up version, so it does not look that pretty, but with all the same color silicone,SS clamps and powdercoating, it will look and perform like non other. There is more then $50 worth of material, infact I dont even make that much, I enjoy the fun of making them. If you want to complain about the price, you make one, get it welded and let me know how it goes. I dont even know of a company that makes a 3100 CAI. But moving on, please let me know what you think.

Nice, but your charging how much for $50 worth of parts :willynilly:

Have you ever tried to buy silicone couplers and aluminum tubing?

Shit, a decent washable/reuseable cone filter is $40 right off the get-go.

That is a LOT more than $50 in parts.................

People just have NO concept of what shit costs anymore :rolleyes:

Also, if I might suggest going to 3inch piping..........

An LHO (3.1L MFI) would never be able to use more air than 2.5in could supply and I doubt a "small-port" (L82) 3100 could either, but a big-port" top end (LG8/LA1) swaped or a complete 3400 engine swaped car is likely going to be a little choked.......

I realise that the stock 3100 TB is only 52mm, and even the plenum inlet is only 54-55mm, but the MAF is a full 70mm ID and it just makes sense to cover ALL of your bases.

That's if 3in piping will even fit where you are looking to route it................

Anybody with a brain knows couplers and the like can be had cheap on ebay. Im not saying it's a nice intake, because it really is, but $160 :thinking:

And yeah, I do know what stuff costs, I have done a FWI on my Cutty, and a group size 75 battery fits in the stock location

0731071458a.jpg

Yeah no shit. The intake that you made is nice but I do see a couple problems with it. First the couplers are the cheap ones, I use only HTS, so they will never break down unlike the ebay china shit. Next I dont see a bracket, so it just kind of sits there, and when the engine torques i bet that it gets yanked around becasue it can not move. With the intake where you have it, it probably hits the body and sooner or later a you will get a whole in the piping. Overall its a descent intake, but not something that was designed to well.

Well that is an older pic. I have a bracket after $3 and a trip to the hardware store. The couplers aren't from eBay actually, although it is a standard silicone coupler, which will plenty last longer than any gen1 W has left.

And what exactly is the reason my intake isn't designed too well. If anything it's more of a straight shot and my battery (Group size 75) stays right where it's supposed to be.

And how is it swearing like that is allowed outside of the 'Whatever' section???

And I am not screwing up the thread. I am adding some contructive critisism. Can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be selling products you fab up. Welcome to the world of business, although I am pretty sure you are already well aware.

Wow, you are a dick. your naot adding anything to my thread but ass hole comments, if you would like to SUGGEST something, that would be better, but coming on here and telling people that yours is better is uncalled for. For the last time, my intakes go down into the fender not just behind the battery, this way it gets cold air not hot air from the engine bay, my IAT is in a better location so that it gets a colder reading, and uses 3" pipe.

Read the site rules, and then edit your post please.

I never mentioned mine was better, I just corrected things you didn't observe from my photo correctly. Mine may go 'behind' the battery, but it is located in the fender plenty enough to get cold air.

An IAT should get a colder reading should be from the intake air actually, not from location. Unless you just worded it wrong, locating the IAT to get a false reading is not a good thing to do.

No reason for name calling, guys. However, there is also no reason for knocking this guy's stuff. If you cannot contribute without bashing or name calling then simply do not post.

Installed the intake on my car yesterday, great power increases over stock, and amazing throttle response, i didnt hit up the dyno with the car, but i was able to spin the tires conciderably without much trouble, lots more compared to stock, as for the design and building DOHC V6 does great work, thats my car in the pictures of the final test fit, and trust me, it looks much better in person, and ofcourse feels much better in the drivers seat, i bought one of the cheap ebay garbage, STOCK IS BETTER, by far

so lets all be mature adults, and quit acting like children

Well I am going to do a special, just to get these things out there. The special will start monday and go for one whole week. I just ordered enough piping for 10 intakes so once you order it will not take longer then a week or two from your payment. The intakes will be $145 shipped, comes with everything, piping,filter, silicone, clamps,ect.. PM me if you are interested.

Really, I had like 50 million people ask for a 3100 and it seems like everybody has no money. Let me sell these 10 and then I will go ahead and design a 3.8 intake.