3100 COLD AIR INTAKES

dohc v6

you dont have to, If I take pics with the battery being held down, can I get a commitment for atlest 2-3 intakes?

so now you want almost $300 to take some pics? what about the washer fluid resivior? my lumina isn't equipped with a homeless guy that comes out of the trunk to clean my windshield with his newspaper every time i want to clean my windsheild.

$135 for an intake tube is a lot of money. if i were to pay that much for an intake, it better suck better than my g/f.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• Brian P

• SigEpCutlass

you dont have to, If I take pics with the battery being held down, can I get a commitment for atlest 2-3 intakes?

so now you want almost $300 to take some pics? what about the washer fluid resivior? my lumina isn't equipped with a homeless guy that comes out of the trunk to clean my windshield with his newspaper every time i want to clean my windsheild.

$135 for an intake tube is a lot of money. if i were to pay that much for an intake, it better suck better than my g/f.

washer fluid resiviors can be purchased from discount, just use the universal ones and mount it on the front of the car, by the engine mount...

THIS IS MY QUESTION FOR ALL

the car us designed to hold an intake with an air bok and this little abs molded plastic ram air peice to go around the radiator

WHEN YOU WANT TO PUT 3" PIPING TO REPLACE THAT, and WHEN YOU WANT THE PIPNG TO GET COLD AIR, instead of warm air, WHY DONT YOU EXPECT TO HAVE TO MOVE ANYTHING, if they wanted the car to have cold air dont you think that would have been designed into there. This guy designes cold air intakes, and he even offered a way for the battery to remain up front, and on our cars, with the eccepotion of routing flex pipe (yuck) thats pretty much the only way, yes i know someone is going to say look what i did, but none the less, this guy designed, built and is offering to sell cai's, they arn't direct factory replacements but with a little motivation and some innitiative im sure everything that you need to get this in the way you want to and how you want to is achievable. ohh and by the way... please price out an intake with 3 inch stanless piping, silicone cuplers, a welded bracket, and a welded pipe for the rear valve cover, a filter and clamps, and if its cheaper start selling them, obviously u could make money

That rant failed :lol: wow. It's stainless piping now? Not Aluminum? Who are you in all this other than supplying a test car, which never had the battery installed w/ the intake to begin with? Or did you just forget to take pics of that?

THIS IS MY QUESTION FOR ALL

the car us designed to hold an intake with an air bok and this little abs molded plastic ram air peice to go around the radiator

WHEN YOU WANT TO PUT 3" PIPING TO REPLACE THAT, and WHEN YOU WANT THE PIPNG TO GET COLD AIR, instead of warm air, WHY DONT YOU EXPECT TO HAVE TO MOVE ANYTHING, if they wanted the car to have cold air dont you think that would have been designed into there. This guy designes cold air intakes, and he even offered a way for the battery to remain up front, and on our cars, with the eccepotion of routing flex pipe (yuck) thats pretty much the only way, yes i know someone is going to say look what i did, but none the less, this guy designed, built and is offering to sell cai's, they arn't direct factory replacements but with a little motivation and some innitiative im sure everything that you need to get this in the way you want to and how you want to is achievable. ohh and by the way... please price out an intake with 3 inch stanless piping, silicone cuplers, a welded bracket, and a welded pipe for the rear valve cover, a filter and clamps, and if its cheaper start selling them, obviously u could make money

Right, anybody can go to Home Depot and get a bunch of materials and do it for under $40, but for ones that IMO look quality and visually appealing are the expensive ones.

We have it worse, I still can't believe K&N gets some GP owners to pay $270 for an intake that's not even shielded from the hot engine air.

Right, anybody can go to Home Depot and get a bunch of materials and do it for under $40, but for ones that IMO look quality and visually appealing are the expensive ones.

We have it worse, I still can't believe K&N gets some GP owners to pay $270 for an intake that's not even shielded from the hot engine air.

lol, mine doesn't look like shit. but i see your point... The difference between a $270 K&N and a $130 whoever... Dyno tests that show gains. Not to menion nobody will ever beat K&N's warrenty.

I can see how he wants to make a bit of cash and offer a intake for the community, but for $130+, it better be backed by dyno testing...

Sorry I wasn't trying to crack at yours, I've never seen it. But the ones that people do on ClubGP that are the DYI from a hardware store don't *look* nice, however they're functional

Sorry I wasn't trying to crack at yours, I've never seen it. But the ones that people do on ClubGP that are the DYI from a hardware store don't *look* nice, however they're functional

No, that alright man. I haven't exactly posted it alot. Let alone, i dont have anything actually proving a gain, even though the top end is much much better...

Yeah, I have seen some hardware store nightmares :lol: PVC :lol: Or even worse, the corregated rubber tube shit :lol: :lol:

washer fluid resiviors can be purchased from discount, just use the universal ones and mount it on the front of the car, by the engine mount...

so what if it can be purchased at discount. why should i spend more money than i have to, to relocate my battery or, buy new hold downs for it or, buy a washer fluid resivior.

$135 for an intake tube is a lot of money.
No it's not........

it is when you don't have a lot of money. i can think of better ways to spend $135 on a car.

I don't see why it's such a big deal to show at least ONE picture of the entire completed installation with the battery secured in some manner and a washer bottle installed. I won't commit to a damn thing until I see a complete install.

I don't think you're intake is overpriced, I don't doubt the workmanship, and I don't think you're trying to rip us off. I understand that certain things may need to be done slightly differently on my vehicle. However, you also need to understand that I won't pay $135 for something when I can't see how tight everything is probably going to be under the hood when put back together.

Haha, dyno testing. I dont know how many times i have to say that my intakes make more power then all. I proved it with the ZX2 intake. i made 20hp to the crank, heres a damn dyno sheet. Price is a main factor, people with w-body's don't have much money to spend thats why i lowered the price to what I have, but for that price I wont go through installing the intake 12 times just to have someone tell me that "oh yeah i have no money,sorry". I dont make much money on these, I do it for the forum and thats it. My intakes are not made to have the battery sit in the front, they are made to be put in the back as well as the 3.4DOHC. If you want to install it in the front, thats your perogative. Honestly at this point I dont care, i made it and if no one wants it,oh well, no sweet of my back, but dont whine when you say there are no decent intakes out there for the 3100. By the way here is a dyno, and if you get a chance,log on to teamzx2.com and search MMI. l_88ff892987359d64ac6bf6c886be1ded.jpg

That dyno slip is for the ZX2.... Not a 3100 W... Just because your intake made power on one vehicle, doesnt mean it will make power on another vehicle with a different design... :wink:

people with w-body's don't have much money to spend thats why i lowered the price to what I have,

What is that some kinda white trash comment.? Just becase were not rolling in a viper we dont have money? Maybe its becase we dont care what people like you think and we like the cars. I for one will NOT buy one of your intakes now. Your to much of a ass.

i hate to burst everyone bubble but the batter does not have to be moved to the trun to run the intake and my fwi's made up of tubing rightknow and its the same exact bends as what the orginal posters is...

people with w-body's don't have much money to spend thats why i lowered the price to what I have,

What is that some kinda white trash comment.?

Well for some people it's true.....It's a 1st Gen w-body. Hell I'll admit I don't have a lot of money ATM. If I had a 3100(thank god I don't) I'd buy one.

Wow why would anyone want to buy from a guy with that attitude? Fuck that make your own! I think he has no pics of said things because they really don't fit as well as he says.

Wow good one. I am an ass because the comments that I read are asinine. I made the general statement that if you have aw-body more then likly you dont have much money. And for the most part thats true becasue people that drive these car (including my self) dont have 200,000 in the bank, if I did I would not be driving my car, well actualy I probably still would. I was just saying that w-body owners for the most part dont have much money, thats why they are cheap, I was not directing it at one individual,sorry if you felt it was directed at you. Moving on, now the comment that "you would not buy an intake becasue I am an ass", well go through the thread and tell me why I shouldn't be with the commects that I am getting. I dont plan on making any 3100 intake and that does not bother me to tell ya the truth. Moving on to the next comment, "my(MMI) intake wont make power". Ok I did put a post of a dyno. So what its not the same car, a dyno is a fuck dyno. The fact that MY product made more power then K AND N and all the high end companies just goes to show that I know what I am doing. I did not post that pic to show you be an ass, I did it to prove a point, and that point was to show that my intakes work,and they will work and make more powerFOR ALL CARS. If you have any other bullshit comments to make towards my intakes or what not, give me a call and lets talk. I knew that this posting would turn into a bunch of 16 year old kids and how there home depot shit tube makes power, Haha, I bet if you dyno it, it makes less power. Thats it. Please lock thread.

I even said I have no proof that my DIY intake makes more power. Why, I have dyno slip to prove it... I can get a dyno slip for a 2001 Eclipse 4cyl that the intake was actually made for and on that shows a again, but that would be wrong.

You made 20hp on a ZX2, thats great man, and hell yeah, 20hp is a lot. I think $300 AEM's only make about 24hp more. But that means precisly dick for us W-body guys unless you have a dyno slip that PROVES the intake design you did for a W-body actually made power.

A ZX2 is a completely different car, engine, and intake design. Without a dyno slip to prove otherwise, you can't honestly say yours makes power on a W-body. Hell, just the same as DIY, it can make less... Unless and intake has been dyno proven and 'tuned' by making changes to it until it makes the most power, then it's just esentially the same as a DIY. :wink: Untested and unknown to work, but it looks damn good.

I did not mean to be an ass in any way, but I kept getting the same commets over and over again.

I understand, but the biggest point being made is no proof of it actually making power. Even though a different design on a completely different car made a shitload. And of course pics of what people kinda wanted to see. Like battery location exactly, and washer resovoir location...

I don't see why it's such a big deal to show at least ONE picture of the entire completed installation with the battery secured in some manner and a washer bottle installed.

i agree. why is it so hard to get a pic? if you're not willing to get potential customers what they want to see for a product, then how do you expect people to buy it?

I think what he is saying is the recomended way to mount the battery is in the trunk, and the pics with the battery up front are just to show those that wish to keep the battery up front that it can be done, and for the washer bottle, i guess ill take mycar back up to him to get another test fit and show you guys that everything can be installed. dohcv6 has to run around my schedule, and sinse i cant afford to purchase one of his intakes for my car right now we have to take the car apart everytime we need to do a picture shoot, however i will try to get back with him sometime within the coming week that way we can do another pic session and maybie a video